Laptop shortlisted for Grahpic Design under 70k need feedback and suggestion.

pratikb

Broken In
Hi,

New
1) What is your budget? (INR or USD)
70k INR

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?
  • 13, 14, 15.6

3) What are the primary tasks you will be performing with this notebook?

- Gaming - Occasionally.
- Video and photo editing

5) Any typical configuration in your mind you're eying for ?

Just want an i5 with touch

4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
like HP and Dell

6) Anything else you would like to say?

Major software used would be Photoshop, Illustrator and After Effects.
Touch and 2in1 is preferred.
I have zerod down on HP Pavilion x360 CD0053TX.
It comes with 8GB Ram, i5 and 1TB HDD and 16GB Intel SSD. Mx130 Graphic.
I am getting the same for 64k with all offers included.

Would this be a good choice or there are other good laptops available at this price point

Thanks

Last edited:
That laptop isn't made for performance & if you want a 2 in 1, get one with i5 8250U instead of i7 8550U as that i7 isn't much better than the i5 (maybe just 10% better). Try to find that laptop with i5 & proper SSD instead of Optane. Optane is fast but I would say a 256GB SSD is still better practically.

Also, don't expect that GPU to run all games.

I would say this is a better choice:
*www.amazon.in/Acer-15-6-inch-Windo...=1539464978&sr=1-1&keywords=acer+nitro+5+skin
GTX 1050 is a much better GPU, will help with your tasks as well. It has a free M.2 slot, buy an SSD like this one for OS & apps at 2.4k:
*www.amazon.in/Green-120GB-SATA-Int...e=UTF8&qid=1539465245&sr=1-6&keywords=m.2+ssd
Get 256GB if you can.

Last edited:
OP
P

pratikb

Broken In
That laptop isn't made for performance & if you want a 2 in 1, get one with i5 8250U instead of i7 8550U as that i7 isn't much better than the i5 (maybe just 10% better). Try to find that laptop with i5 & proper SSD instead of Optane. Optane is fast but I would say a 256GB SSD is still better practically.

Also, don't expect that GPU to run all games.

I would say this is a better choice:
*www.amazon.in/Acer-15-6-inch-Windo...=1539464978&sr=1-1&keywords=acer+nitro+5+skin
GTX 1050 is a much better GPU, will help with your tasks as well. It has a free M.2 slot, buy an SSD like this one for OS & apps at 2.4k:
*www.amazon.in/Green-120GB-SATA-Int...e=UTF8&qid=1539465245&sr=1-6&keywords=m.2+ssd
Get 256GB if you can.
Thanks for the response.
Yes I have gone with i5. I can update to SSD in future.

Thanks for the response.
Yes I have gone with i5. I can update to SSD in future.
SSDs are going for cheap right now, otherwise the prices are 3k+. Also easier to clone when the laptop is new compared to when the laptop has been used for months or years (can be solved by reinstalling OS).

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Actually the issue is not ssd price but voiding of warranty.Acer especially is very strict about this so no upgrading on our own,have to get it done by service centre/authorized dealer & of course need to pay "service charges" too.

Top Bottom