Laptop screen size dilemma -Lappy user's views invited

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saahib

Cyborg Agent
Hi,

In PC screen.. bigger is better .. that is what I think and most of think. So thing is pretty simple and I now have 24" LCD display for my desktop.

But,

For laptop I am very confused.. should I go for smaller screen .. say 12.1" or go for bigger .. say 17" ..for me.. things look good only on big screen :p

But,
From my past experience .. that bigger is not always good on move but smaller can sometimes leaves you confused..

So basicaly I am in dilemma for new laptop screen size. One might ask about my usage type.. then its basically internet .. internet .. and some programming and designing application (Gaming is rare but not extinct) ..

On the other hand..

There is also a talk about trend.. so guys what the today's trend .... ?

Views Invited !!!

windchimes

Can you hear it..??
If you are into designing and you watch a lot of movies in your laptop then
you need a bigger display..

You are thinking about 12.1 and 17 .. If you are confused with these values
and finds pros and cons in both considering your specific needs then
stick to something inbetween...

By the way which laptop are you considering to buy... ?? Budget.??

If you are thinking of trend and style I would say something like Dell Studio 15 .

OP
Saahib

Saahib

Cyborg Agent
ofcourse it depends on budget.. Well I had used few laptops and I prefer desktop for most of my stuff. .I need laptop only when I need to get mobile .. ie. travelling etc.

I want to go for right size this time, 17" is not really choice of Laptop until you are going to use laptop for everything.

So I guess going little small is good.

Anyone used 12" .. how is its experience

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
12" is very tiny. minimum required is 13.1" for mobility and 15.4" for multimedia. 17" for desktop replacement.

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
to the OP:

well, a 15" lappy screen is really sufficient wich is also suitable in terms of portaibility and also viewability.. :) coz the reso is like say 1440x900 wich is really smooth and also NOT all lappys today come with 17" screens except for the monsterous DELL XPS 1730 wich costs a bomb at Rs.90K and if u customise it, the price shoots upto a MAX of Rs.1.8 Lac.. :D but it is ALSO a heavy beast weighing at 4.8 Kgs EXACT...

So, u shud better go with a standard 15" lappy screen :) (but thats only my view and my advice)
--------------

Cheers n e-peace...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom