Laptop Recommendation 60-70k Office Use, Details In Thread

Nitish Pande

Right off the assembly line
Budget 60-70k
Size: below 14"
Weight: Below 2kg
RAM: 8GB; HDD: 512 SSD (needed)
Battery Backup: 10+hrs (if possible)
Use: Microsoft Word, PDF editing, VCs, video/music streaming.
Want a ThinkPad E14 Gen 3 but the model which I want is out of stock. I have looked at Dell Inspiron also but I've seen that they are quite weak and tend to get damaged easily. I currently have a Lenovo IdeaPad 330 which works fine, but is too heavy and large for daily carrying in courts/metro etc, therefore I'm in search of a compact, light, fast laptop which does not cost a fortune.
Thank you!!

OP
Nitish Pande

Nitish Pande

Please read this in addition to the main Post, thank you.
1) What is your budget? (INR or USD)
60-70k

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?
Thin and Light; 12" - 14" screen

3) What are the primary tasks you will be performing with this notebook?
Word, pdf editing, excel, VCs, Video/Music streaming, basic level gaming like AoE/Football Manager

5) Any typical configuration in your mind you're eying for ?
Nothing specific, it should just be quick. Would prefer AMD though if given a choice.

4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
a. Like: Lenovo
b. Dislike:. HP have had bad experiences in terms of structural reliability.

6) Anything else you would like to say?
Screen resolution
Battery back up extended (5-7hrs) if not more
Purchase place in India, no preference about online or offline as long as it is in stock.

So R5 5600U of Aero 13 will fit all your needs, but keep gaming expectations in check. AoE4 & Football Manager 2021 have very low minimum req, so should be fine. Even FIFA 22 should run ok. Expect 720p 30fps at low on many games & games like CP2077 will not work.

Elaborate more on your gaming expectations. Check some videos on gaming performance of R5 5600U. If needed, maybe consider a Ryzen gaming laptop as those have good battery life compared to Intel ones.

alpha5555

Broken In
So R5 5600U of Aero 13 will fit all your needs, but keep gaming expectations in check. AoE4 & Football Manager 2021 have very low minimum req, so should be fine. Even FIFA 22 should run ok. Expect 720p 30fps at low on many games & games like CP2077 will not work.

Elaborate more on your gaming expectations. Check some videos on gaming performance of R5 5600U. If needed, maybe consider a Ryzen gaming laptop as those have good battery life compared to Intel ones.

I

As he said that he is more interested in Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 3 , so I guess that most of the requirments of @Nitish Pande are being met by this model -
*www.flipkart.com/lenovo-thinkpad-r...amd-gen3-thin-light-laptop/p/itm9d1a5b7f5c9ca

alpha5555

Broken In
By choosing DOS over the Windows Operating System, we could easily save 10,000 for the Windows Home Version and 19,000 for the Windows Pro Version, as shown in this Lenovo Laptop Configuration Page Snapshot -

Windows.png

Not sure if we should buy the Operating System from Lenovo or should simply ask the PC shop guy to install it in a few bucks.

OP
Nitish Pande

Nitish Pande

Thank you for your reply! My gaming needs are extremely minimal, I'll just play for a couple of hours on a Sunday if time permits, and won't be playing any AAA games as I hope to buy a PS5 (LOL) in the future when it's in stock. Battery backup and light weight is my primary criteria. I understand that its difficult to get both in a single package unless I go for a Mac, but due to office software it's not possible for me to do that.
I shall look into HP Aero, but my previous history with HP laptops haven't been positive so I am a little apprehensive about buying HP again. The after sale service had been a pain for me. Therefore, I shall keep the Aero as my last option. But feel free to give more suggestions as it is helping me a lot! :)

OP
Nitish Pande

Nitish Pande

By choosing DOS over the Windows Operating System, we could easily save 10,000 for the Windows Home Version and 19,000 for the Windows Pro Version, as shown in this Lenovo Laptop Configuration Page Snapshot -

View attachment 21552

Not sure if we should buy the Operating System from Lenovo or should simply ask the PC shop guy to install it in a few bucks.
While I agree with you that I can just get the DOS version, but won't I need to pay the same amount for Windows 11 if i get it from my local PC Store? Also I don't live in a metro city so I don't know if they'll have the genuine keys or not.
Thank you for your reply!

OP
Nitish Pande

Nitish Pande

dont buy OS. I also didnt buy. Just instlal it from any key availabl.e
But will I get the key for free online? What is the guarantee that it would work? What would be the exact process? I have never used the KMS system for obtaining windows key, have only done it for softwares like MS Office, and that also works as a temporary fix so I don't know if it would be feasible or not.

OP
Nitish Pande

Nitish Pande

you can use it unactivated too. its not a big deal. Just a tiny annoyance.
annoyance being the watermark at the bottom of the screen? And can the unactivated windows be downloaded from the microsoft website, or do i go to a local PC store and they'll do the needful?

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.
annoyance being the watermark at the bottom of the screen? And can the unactivated windows be downloaded from the microsoft website, or do i go to a local PC store and they'll do the needful?

You can use microsoft image creation utility given on there webpage

or you can use this link, this is direct MS server link

*tb.rg-adguard.net/dl.php?go=ba3275f9

U can get more of it from here. (Completely legal and safe, Techbench site, Basically provides link to microsoft servers.)

*tb.rg-adguard.net/public.php

alpha5555

Broken In
Thank you so much for your help @Nerevarine and @RumbaMon19

I hope it will work for Windows 11 as well. And it will not some day block my laptop and force me to either buy a genuine license by paying full price or else loose access to my data on the laptop.

Top Bottom