So last week I found some ants coming out of my laptop(It happened before as well) so I ignored them and started the laptop. After sometime it turned off on its own, I switched on again, but after some time it turned off. This happened 2-3 times. Later it is not even starting. When I pressing the power button nothing is happening, no power indicator, hdd, battery light is lighting up. No sign of life. I have opened the laptop and cleared all the ants now. I removed the battery and tried to switch it on with AC power connected. Removed AC power and tried to switch on battery inserted. Removed battery and AC power, then held power button for 1 minute, later connected AC power and tried switching on, but still no sign. Can someone help me find out the issue? Most probably the motherboard have been short circuited, but is it possible due to the ants? I don't see any burnt sign on the motherboard. How can I be sure that the motherboard gone wrong. If the motherboard is short circuited, is it possible to repair it? or do I have to order a new motherboard? I don't want to go to service center as it is out of warranty. Laptop Model is Sony VAIO VPCCB45FN.