Laptop/Netbook under 30k [Max +5k]

Rohit1980

Broken In
Laptop/Netbook with touchscreen under 30k [Max +5k]

1) What is your budget? (INR or USD)
30k [+5k max]

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?
Anything greater than 10.1'

3) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook?
Watching HD movies, need decent camera.
Few games especially company of heroes.

5) Any typical configuration in your mind you're eying for ?
ASUS Transformer Book T100-DK005H [around 28k]
Dell Inspiron 15 3537 Touch Screen i3 (4th Gen) 4GB / 500 GB/ WIN 8 [34k on ebay]
Any comments on Microsoft surface Windows RT 64GB?

4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
No

6) Anything else you would like to say?
Prefer having touch screen like T100

- - - Updated - - -

Any comments/suggestions? :(

Last edited:
OP
R

Rohit1980

Broken In
Are those 2 touch screen laptops?
Still haven't made up my mind, but very close to buying: Asus F202E-CT148H VivoBook
any thoughts on that?

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
If OP wants to continue playing Company of Heroes 2 after finishing Company of heroes 1, a laptop with a good CPU+GPU is recommended.

OP
R

Rohit1980

Broken In
Thanks, what do you think of ASUS Vivobook S400 CA120H?
Asus Vivobook CA120H Core I5 3rd GEN 4GB RAM 500GB 24GB 14" Touch WINDOWS8 | eBay

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
^ again a ulv processor without a dGPU.
and why are you so much focused on touch screen part? I understand if it was a convertible laptop like overpriced lenovo yoga series, but this one isn't.

OP
R

Rohit1980

Broken In
If OP wants to continue playing Company of Heroes 2 after finishing Company of heroes 1, a laptop with a good CPU+GPU is recommended.

Any suggestions?

- - - Updated - - -

^ again a ulv processor without a dGPU.
and why are you so much focused on touch screen part? I understand if it was a convertible laptop like overpriced lenovo yoga series, but this one isn't.

Not much of a reason. Initially, i wanted to buy a tablet, then came across these hybrids.
So wanted to know if it is worth to get these.

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
This one.

Powerful CPU+Powerful GPU+Touch+14". Looks perfect. One of the sellers sells it for exactly 35k but I would suggest you get it from Croma which charges 40k and is Amazon fulfilled. You can't go wrong with Croma.

srkmish

Ambassador of Buzz
A Laptop with a touchscreen is not a true 'hybrid' . It is just an additional feature which no one will use eventually

A true hybrid is a windows tablet without an attached keyboard like Omni 10. That one has got good reviews and has a full HD Screen . The battery life is kinda a let down though.

ARP

Broken In
What about this for Rs 30,089.00

HP 15-d107TX Notebook (4th Gen Intel Core i3- 4GB RAM- 500GB HDD- 15.6 Inches Screen- DOS- 2GB Graphics)

Amazon link

Its not ULV and have 2 gb 820m, not touch though....

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
What about this for Rs 30,089.00

HP 15-d107TX Notebook (4th Gen Intel Core i3- 4GB RAM- 500GB HDD- 15.6 Inches Screen- DOS- 2GB Graphics)

Amazon link

Its not ULV and have 2 gb 820m, not touch though....

My suggestion is still better due to core i5M.

Top Bottom