Laptop is "Not Charging"

gcbeldar

In the zone
Dell XPS 15z-L511z is Not Charging the battery. Tried by replacing with New Battery, It is Not charging.
1. What is the issue
2. Is it repairable ? If yes Approx Cost.

Requested Member for Remarks / Suggestion

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
How old is the laptop?

Also, all Dell laptops have some sort of self-diagnosis software in the firmware. Try running it and see if there is any issue with the laptop or battery.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
Could be charge port on the laptop went kaput. Take it to laptop repair shop only they will be able to tell the accurate reason.

Stormbringer

Ambassador of Buzz
Could be the power regulator inside the laptop gone kaput. My old Dell XPS 15 L501x had a similar issue. I went to a local trusted repair guy to get it fixed. I think I paid 2.5 to 3k and also had my laptop cleaned and thermal paste changed.

Stormbringer

Ambassador of Buzz
How old is the laptop?

Also, all Dell laptops have some sort of self-diagnosis software in the firmware. Try running it and see if there is any issue with the laptop or battery.
From the model number, it looks like a decade old. It has 2XXX series i5 processor.

OP
G

gcbeldar

In the zone
From the model number, it looks like a decade old. It has 2XXX series i5 processor.
Yes, From Which place are you Sir ?
After upgrading to Samsung 500gb SSD, 8gb RAM, Win 10 Home, Working excellent. Only issue is Charging. If Charging problem is resolved, than recommend Battery from where to Buy ?

Go to a local repair guy. See if it can be repaired for cheap. If it requires changing the motherboard, then don't repair it.

A simple charging port repair or faulty charger will be cheap.

Stormbringer

Ambassador of Buzz
Yes, From Which place are you Sir ?
After upgrading to Samsung 500gb SSD, 8gb RAM, Win 10 Home, Working excellent. Only issue is Charging. If Charging problem is resolved, than recommend Battery from where to Buy ?
I got my laptop repaired in Bangalore. Battery I guess Amazon or flipkart is your options. I used to buy from ebay.in.

Top Bottom