Laptop importing help! Y70(Lenovo)

agarwalmohit

Broken In
Hi,

I wish to import Lenovo Y70 Touch Laptop | 17.3" High-Performance Gaming Notebook PC | Lenovo US. A buddy of mine from Canada will send it to me.

I have never imported anything before, and have no clue how it will all work. Can someone tell me how and when do I pay custom duty?

Will the warranty of the product be available here as well?

Any news on release of Y70 in India? I am thinking of getting the $1500 version, worth it?

Thanks guys

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
if you are importing it, why not get a custom built laptop (preferably from Clevo/Sager) from Xotic PC instead. Given your budget, the XOTIC PC | Sager NP8268-S (Clevo P150SM-A) - 15.6" Gaming Notebook would be miles better than y70

OP
A

agarwalmohit

Broken In
Aah! I didn't know about such companies XOTIC PC | Sager NP8268-S (Clevo P150SM-A) - 15.6" Gaming Notebook :p Thanks.

Suppose for now, I do buy XOTIC PC | Sager NP8268-S (Clevo P150SM-A) - 15.6" Gaming Notebook, how do I pay customs etc, what happens to the warranty?

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
they'll ship the laptop to India but shipping costs around 150$. its better to seek a 3rd party importer (can't remember the names now :oops: ) which'll pay the shipping and customs as well for you and it would be comparatively cheaper.

- - - Updated - - -

no warranty in India :(

- - - Updated - - -

You can import it through ishopinternational or PPOBox

Simplon

Broken In
[MENTION=145143]SaiyanGoku[/MENTION]!

If I get Lenovo Y50 from US(costs less by 8k-9k) compared to here, will I get warranty in India. (I am assuming that your reply "no warranty in India" was for XOTIC PCs)

- - - Updated - - -

I would also like to know if there is anything such as international warranty for Lenovo laptops.

Last edited:

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
No point in importing y50. custom taxes and shipping charges will make the price same if not higher than here. lenovo CC can answer about the warranty part.

Simplon

Broken In
Not importing exactly! I was thinking to get it as hand baggage with some friend coming from US to India.

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
Not importing exactly! I was thinking to get it as hand baggage with some friend coming from US to India.

Fk warranty. Clevo laptops are so easy to service that you can easily do it with a screwdriver. It is the only laptop in the world which does not require you to dismantle it completely to access the CPU and GPU.
If you like customization then it is highly recommended. Unlike other laptops you don't void warranty by opening it. If you are an engineer, chances are you'll love to dismantle it and play with the components lol.
Did I mention that all the components are user replaceable. If GTX 980M comes out tomorrow then you'll be able to put that in inside your laptop too after 2-3 years but those things are expensive.
Also if you want to avail the warranty then you have to send it to Sager Notebooks and not Xotic PC because Xotic PC is just a re seller.

OP
A

agarwalmohit

Broken In
Hi again, I had a chat with the xotic PC guys, about service and warranty. Here is what they said

What happens as far as warranty will depend on the issue experienced. Anything that requires shipment back to Sager for repairs will be shipped to and from Sager at your expense as global shipping is not covered. Most problems are able to be resolved without Warranty repairs though.

Here about the shipping cost:

I won’t be able to provide you a shipping quote without an order being placed as there is a lot more information required than just an address. We can only provide you a quote once the order is submitted. If you add it to your cart and begin checkout out though the shipping cost will be estimated for you. Once submitted we’ll provide the quote, if you don’t like it then you’re welcome to cancel the order instead of sending us the money as our payment instructions would be included right alongside that quote.

Top Bottom