laptop from US for $900

spm

Journeyman
1) What is your budget? (INR or USD)
$900 max extended to $1000
2) What size notebook would you prefer?
Mainstream; 15" - 16" screen

3) Which country will you buying this notebook? Also state that if Amazon.com or Newgg.com ships to your country (Only if you know this info).
will be buying from US and my cousin comes back only by september.

4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
a. Like: prefer DELL. sony is also k
b. Dislike: no toshiba. asus and acer.

5) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook?
The primary will be solidworks, Pro E, Catia, Autocad
and secondary is mild gaming ( dont mind the quality and details being low), movies, internet.

6) Will you be taking the notebook with you to different places, leaving it on your desk or both?
mostly on the desk.

7) Will you be playing games on your notebook? If so, please state which games or types of games?
plays NFS and some strategy games.
8) How many hours of battery life do you need?
anything decent.

9) Would you prefer to see the notebooks you're considering before purchasing it or buying a notebook on-line without seeing it is OK?
as i told will be brought from US and can buy online.

10) What OS do you prefer? Windows (XP or Vista or Windows 7), Mac OS, Linux, etc.
has a windows 7 license.

11) What screen resolution(s) would you prefer?
720p or above

guys i dont want the best config out there but i want a decent one with good build quality and nice keyboard and touchpad and screen. there should not be any heating issues either. Do u think the ilano based ones will be any good for my primary purpose ie heavy CAD apps. and what about warranty of US laptops in India..

BTW i like the DELL XPS 15 L502x with the core i7 2630QM + nvidia GT 540M +6GB DDR3 + 500 GB 7200rpm + B+RG full HD screen and the JBL 2.1 speakers. whats ur opinion about it.

Top Bottom