Laptop for Stock trading ( capable of connecting two or more external displays )

ion

Right off the assembly line
1) What is your budget? (INR or USD)
70k to 1 lac.

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?
Bigger the better. I am going to use it for trading so more screen space is required.
  • Mainstream; 15" - 16" screen
  • Desktop Replacement; 17"+ screen
3) What are the primary tasks you will be performing with this notebook?
Mainly trading software like Tradetiger and Zerodha's Pi.
It should be capable of simultaneously running 10+ chrome and Edge tabs each, two or more trading softwares and MS office package ( word/excel ).

5) Any typical configuration in your mind you're eying for ?

I don't know much about latest hardware. I think Intel Iris Xe GPU is enough to drive two 4k displays through thunderbolt port, docking station. I am checking a lot of reviews, comparison charts etc. and more I check, more I'm getting confused.
I just want a decent laptop having 16GB or more RAM and capable of connecting two ultrawide 32+ inch displays without any problem. I think even 4k is also not required. I need a lot of screen space ( two QHD/2k 32inch+ monitors ) to manage data/charts and chrome/edge tabs. I can't go for Desktop because I have to travel sometimes.

4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
No preference. I can't go for Mac though. Some softwares run properly on Windows OS only.

6) Anything else you would like to say?
I will not be able to work with external monitors all the time. I need good and bigger laptop display too.

Thanks a lot !

Please share your valuable inputs. : @omega44-xt

Last edited:
*www.amazon.in/HP-RX5500M-Graphics-Flicker-16-e0162AX/dp/B098QBT5KT/
IMO this should be fine. The type C port supports 2nd ext monitor. I feel Thunderbolt docks are unnecessarily too expensive. With the Victus, you get upgradable memory, so you can just add 2nd stick for total of 16GB RAM or buy 2x16GB sticks for a total of 32GB RAM. You can just add a 16GB stick & use with 24GB RAM as well without any performance issue for your usage.

OP
ion

ion

Thanks for the suggestion.
Actually, I wanted thunderbolt port/dock station for the ease of connecting peripherals like wireless keyboard, mouse, external monitors etc. Instead of connecting all peripherals one by one, it will be easy to just plug in one dock wire to laptop and start working.
Could your please suggest me any intel laptop?
I don't play games. Laptop will be used to run VSCode/Python/MySQL/Trading Software/Chrome/Edge and heavy excel sheets. I don't know if I need high end laptop having 20xx/30xx GPU or Intel Iris Xe or even lower iGPU. Budget is not problem but I don't want to buy anything whose full potential I'll never use. All I need is, a Laptop which can manage above listed software, two 32inch+ monitors and a few peripherals.
Thanks a lot.

If you can justify Thunderbolt, go ahead, it is your money. I doubt laptops at 50-60k support TB 3/4. I'm not sure if normal multimedia laptops support 2 ext. monitors, hence recommended an entry-level gaming laptop with expandable RAM slots & 2 ext display support. Take your call, do your research.

AMD CPUs are more efficient & provide much better battery life than Intel ones, so I just don't recommend Intel for most cases. Battery life is always useful in a laptop.

OP
ion

ion

I am researching for last one month and couldn't find proper suggestion/answer anywhere. My main concern is dGPU/iGPU in laptop and I am not able to find correct solution. Could you at least tell which minimum iGPU/dGPU I need to run two external monitors?
I read about mux switch somewhere and it made things more confusing.

I am researching for last one month and couldn't find proper suggestion/answer anywhere. My main concern is dGPU/iGPU in laptop and I am not able to find correct solution. Could you at least tell which minimum iGPU/dGPU I need to run two external monitors?
I read about mux switch somewhere and it made things more confusing.
MUX switch is irrelevant for you. Not all laptops with iGPU can drive 2 ext. monitor, this is not an iGPU limitation but simply lack of 2nd display output port (usually has 1 HDMI port only).

I find Thunderbolt unnecessarily expensive, so I disregard that. I don't know which multimedia laptops can drive 2 ext monitors, hence suggested an entry level gaming laptop, as you don't need a powerful dGPU. Some laptops have Type C port with DP support, but not all, so it gets confusing as not all laptop manufacturers list it clearly. I have given an easy cost-effective solution. For anything else, do your research.

This is another option with Type C supporting DP output & upgradable RAM, but an expensive laptop for sure:
*www.amazon.in/HP-Pavilion-Micro-Edge-Graphics-15-EG2009TU/dp/B09WDHWMQY/

Top Bottom