Laptop for playing media on 32" LCD and gaming

swapyworld

Broken In
Guys need your help in deciding the laptop :

1) What is your budget? (INR or USD)
INR - 30000 (can extend to 33 k max)

2) What size notebook would you prefer?
d. Mainstream; 15" - 16" screen

3) Which country will you buying this notebook? Also state that if Amazon.com or Newgg.com ships to your country (Only if you know this info).
INDIA

4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
nothing like that just want a VFM...considering ASS in mumbai

5) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook?
1. Playing Full HD movies at 32" LCD
2. Casual gaming (CS, FIfa, nfs titles, warcraft. Far cry)
3. watching movies on it, internet surfing

6) Will you be taking the notebook with you to different places, leaving it on your desk or both?
Both

7) Will you be playing games on your notebook? If so, please state which games or types of games?
CS, FIfa, nfs titles, warcraft. Far cry

8) How many hours of battery life do you need?
3+ Hrs

9) Would you prefer to see the notebooks you're considering before purchasing it or buying a notebook on-line without seeing it is OK?
Both are Fine.

10) What OS do you prefer? Windows (XP or Vista or Windows 7), Mac OS, Linux, etc.
preferable No os...as it would lower down the cost...anything is fine

Screen Specifics

11) What screen resolution(s) would you prefer?
1366 x 768 ...cant afford FHD

following are some i chose.....please see it or suggest something better :grin:

hp-630-series-notebook

hp-630-core-i5

samsung-np300e5z-s01

asus-k53e-sx185d

samsung-rv518-a03

Asus K Series K53SC-SX096D

sony-vaio-e-series-laptop-vpceh25en

Very much confused between i3 and i5 especially 2310-2330 version and 2410-2430 version.....and whether to go for GT 520m or intel HD as GT 520m perfroms much better at least as per notebookcheckreview !!

mithun_mrg

Cyborg Agent
i recommend this Asus K Series K53SC-SX096D for the best gpu among the lot

The only differences are
2310-2.1Ghz
2330-2.2Ghz

2410-2.3Ghz
2430-2.4ghz
other specifications r same for all except the turbo mode for the i5's which will clock upto 2.9 for both

Ridwan Shafi

Life.Gadgets.Awesomeness
Yeah You should Consider buying Asus K Series K53SC-SX096D Laptop and it is avaliable at Filpkart for Rs.29,196, It has a good GPU and will be able to handle games and HD videos decently. :cool:

OP
S

swapyworld

Broken In
@mithun, dude dont u think the i3 will b bottlenecks in some games.....i mean what about i5 + hd 3000 combo....will it work better or not?

@ridwan, thanks for d suggestion dude...was looking for the same.....gfx card to be the sole reason, but there are some good deals on i5 too.....so asking for suggestions !! :)

mithun_mrg

Cyborg Agent
for gaming either way it will be a bottleneck if u take i5 ur gpu will be if u take i3 ur cpu will but i think the i3+520 will give far better performance in games than the i5 with HDgfx

OP
S

swapyworld

Broken In
the titles i mentioned aren't gpu intensive at all....can even run on intel hd....actually HP 630 with i5-2310+2gb+500gb 7200 was a bit better deal for 30.6k as all i5 laptops are selling for atleast 32.5k+ ... !!

mithun_mrg

Cyborg Agent
^^in fact they will surely but in case u want to play call of duties or similar then it will suffer since the laptop gpu is not upgrade-able it is advise to take one with discrete gpu if u want some sort of gaming

OP
S

swapyworld

Broken In
@mithun: ohk...but i ll be using the laptop only when i am out of town dont think i will play those....will be going for short duration ones like CS/fifa/nfs...for a while !!

and thanks to u man, i do have gfx to play them on my desktop, and my other consideration is clear stutter free movie on my 32" FHD 1080p LCD.....what would be the requirement for that so i can use my laptop as a media player...using HDMI cable?

mithun_mrg

Cyborg Agent
I wa sjst suggesting bro final call will be urs
yes u can connect it to the tv using Hdmi cable & both the config can play 1080p flawlessly

Ridwan Shafi

Life.Gadgets.Awesomeness
@ Swapy While buying a laptop always rely on discrete graphics because they are far better than the integrated ones. Integrated GPU puts load on your processor and affects performance greatly, Even a 128 MB Discrete Graphics Card is better than the Intel HD. ANd regarding the HDMI I think that mithun_mrg has the answer

OP
S

swapyworld

Broken In
@ Swapy While buying a laptop always rely on discrete graphics because they are far better than the integrated ones. Integrated GPU puts load on your processor and affects performance greatly, Even a 128 MB Discrete Graphics Card is better than the Intel HD. ANd regarding the HDMI I think that mithun_mrg has the answer
yeah ridwan, do know that discrete gpus are better as they would have difference processing capacity, own ram utilisation and the best one is better diver support !!
all i was confused between the performance of i3+gt 520mx against i5+intel hd....as i5 do have turbo boost clicking it to 2.7-2.8GHZ.....and more over will processor of gt520mx be able to handle those HD videos for 32" LCD !!

I wa sjst suggesting bro final call will be urs
yes u can connect it to the tv using Hdmi cable & both the config can play 1080p flawlessly

ohk dude, thanks for the help......so you and ridwan suggesting to go for gt520mx.....right? u sure i3 wont be a prob in handling muliple applications....link 3 browsers with many tabs + some music applications+MS office/pdf reader?

PS: I am also looking for Asus K53SV-SX520D....at smcinternational its around 36.9 K....if i get good deal at lamington...will go for it... ! :)

Ridwan Shafi

Life.Gadgets.Awesomeness
Have Faith In Me, Buying Advice was my plus-point from ma childhood..ANd If you ever need tech-related help I am Always there.. ;)

OP
S

swapyworld

Broken In
@ridwan, thanks man. actually the difference between asus 185D and sx096d is gt520mx....and will have to pay 4k more for dat....so if my k53sv-sx520d deal doesn't work out...will grab one of them...!!

@mithun, that's surely the first thing i had in my mind to do....hope i ll get d good deal or probably go for 185d only....not much differenceexcept d gpu.....wish it could have been i5+gt 520mx around 32k...would have been a real VFM

Top Bottom