Laptop for normal usage in the range of 30-35K

k_v

Journeyman
1) What is your budget? (INR or USD) 30-35K

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?
  • Mainstream; 15" - 16" screen

3) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook?
Movies, MS Office, Music, A few games (like FIFA , Football Manager etc..), Skype, AutoCad, Photoshop etc..

5) Any typical configuration in your mind you're eying for ?
Nothing in my mind. Want the best possible spec for such a modest price range.

4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
No preference. Brand should have decent after sale service.

6) Anything else you would like to say?

• Resolution - best possible
  • Battery back up ( normal (3-4hrs) / extended (5-7hrs)) : 5-6 hours should be good enough
  • Purchase place ( Online (eg - flipkart, infibeam) / Local / Abroad (do mention the country) ) - Flipkart mostly
  • Would probably need a front cam for skype

OP
K

k_v

Journeyman
This may sound stupid, but can I have the same laptop with Windows 7 instead of Windows 8 as mentioned in the specs? Else, I would like to go with laptops with Win7 installed. Not too keen on using Win8.

Also, what are your views on this - *www.flipkart.com/samsung-np350v5c-...WUUG&ref=0d1530ab-d7f0-4939-9c5e-cfae2eb14686

Tarun Singh

Banned
This may sound stupid, but can I have the same laptop with Windows 7 instead of Windows 8 as mentioned in the specs? Else, I would like to go with laptops with Win7 installed. Not too keen on using Win8.

Also, what are your views on this - Samsung NP350V5C-S01IN Laptop (2nd Gen Ci3/ 4GB/ 750GB/ Win7 HB/ 1GB Graph) Rs.32490 Price in India - Buy Samsung NP350V5C-S01IN Laptop (2nd Gen Ci3/ 4GB/ 750GB/ Win7 HB/ 1GB Graph) Titan Silver Online - Samsung: Flipkart.com
It's good if you want Windows 7. If you want DOS version,then the best is Dell Inspiron 15 3521 Laptop.

Last edited:

shameer

Right off the assembly line

Also, what are your views on this - Samsung NP350V5C-S01IN Laptop (2nd Gen Ci3/ 4GB/ 750GB/ Win7 HB/ 1GB Graph) Rs.32490 Price in India - Buy Samsung NP350V5C-S01IN Laptop (2nd Gen Ci3/ 4GB/ 750GB/ Win7 HB/ 1GB Graph) Titan Silver Online - Samsung: Flipkart.com

One of my friends is working in Samsung..he himself is not considering for buying samsung lappy's.
that too the laptop you mentioned is 2nd gen i3...better go for 3rd gen i3 or i5..

And i also suggest not to go for samsung..
better go for lenovo or Dell..

have a look at this one

Lenovo Essential G505s (59-380146) Laptop (APU Quad Core A10/ 8GB/ 1TB/ DOS/ 2.5GB Graph) Best Price in India 2013, Specifications & Review

Tarun Singh

Banned
One of my friends is working in Samsung..he himself is not considering for buying samsung lappy's.
that too the laptop you mentioned is 2nd gen i3...better go for 3rd gen i3 or i5..

And i also suggest not to go for samsung..
better go for lenovo or Dell..

have a look at this one

Lenovo Essential G505s (59-380146) Laptop (APU Quad Core A10/ 8GB/ 1TB/ DOS/ 2.5GB Graph) Best Price in India 2013, Specifications & Review
First look at OP's budget.This one is above 35K.

OP
K

k_v

Journeyman
Thanks for the suggestion. Just have this 1 question fellas.. how does the APU Quad Core A8, A6 processors compare to i3 etc..

Top Bottom