Laptop for multimedia and occasional gaming

scorpio90

Broken In
1) What is your budget? ~85 k

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?

• Thin and Light; 12" - 14" screen
  • Mainstream; 15" - 16" screen
3) What are the primary tasks you will be performing with this notebook?

This will act as my primary source for watching hotstar, netflix, prime, etc for next 3 years atleast. So need a good quality display. Also intend to read and make notes which should be legible from a safe distance. So dont need a washed out, dim screen. Occasional heavy games like Tomb Raider, Control.

5) Any typical configuration in your mind you're eying for ?

Anything which does not heat up enough to make omlettes. Build quality, especially the hinge is of concern too.

If 16gb ram is not possible in this budget, then should have scope for upgrading later on.

4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?

Nothing specific

6) Anything else you would like to say?

Can be purchased online or offline, whichever gives better value. Though I have heard that manufacturers like HP don't encourage buying online. So if you buy online and warranty card is not properly filled and stamped, they will refuse to honor their obligations.

Last edited:

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.
*www.amazon.in/HP-15-6-inch-Windows...7&hvtargid=pla-811338229587&psc=1&ext_vrnc=hi

Get this, spend remaining 4k on upgrading ram...

123hero

In the zone
1) What is your budget? ~85 k

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?

• Thin and Light; 12" - 14" screen
  • Mainstream; 15" - 16" screen
3) What are the primary tasks you will be performing with this notebook?

This will act as my primary source for watching hotstar, netflix, prime, etc for next 3 years atleast. So need a good quality display. Also intend to read and make notes which should be legible from a safe distance. So dont need a washed out, dim screen. Occasional heavy games like Tomb Raider, Control.

5) Any typical configuration in your mind you're eying for ?

Anything which does not heat up enough to make omlettes. Build quality, especially the hinge is of concern too.

If 16gb ram is not possible in this budget, then should have scope for upgrading later on.

4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?

Nothing specific

6) Anything else you would like to say?

Can be purchased online or offline, whichever gives better value. Though I have heard that manufacturers like HP don't encourage buying online. So if you buy online and warranty card is not properly filled and stamped, they will refuse to honor their obligations.

HP OMEN 15" with the 1660Ti (Ryzen 5 4600H). It ships with a 8GB RAM but is upgradable upto a max of 16GB. Screen is decent but nothing great to be written about. Maybe slightly washed out / dim depending on your perception. Would recommend to visit an offline store to have a look at the screen before finalizing. Most other laptops in this budget have similar screen.

Dont buy any Intel i5-10300H or i7 -9th GEN laptops since the Ryzen 5 4600H laptop is more powerful than them.

Check this one out. Currently at 86K. *www.amazon.in/HP-15-6-inch-5-4600H...3&hvtargid=pla-982384588503&psc=1&ext_vrnc=hi

There is nothing wrong in buying online. Companies will definitely honour the warranty terms irrespective of where you buy it. The only caveat being that it should be a model that is launched in India. If you are buying from Amazon, buy only the product that is Amazon fulfilled and from reputed sellers like Appario Retail . I have an HP Laptop and warranty is activated and is visible on the HP Support APP on the laptop. So nothing to worry. (Personal Information hidden).

However if this is really a big concern for you, I would recommend to buy this laptop at an offline store. Tell them to match the online price or at the max 1-2 K more. Be prepared to bargain hard, offline shopkeepers will quote a price of at least 90K for this HP OMEN.

Untitled.jpg

Top Bottom