Laptop for moderate gaming

idkwho

Right off the assembly line
I am currently looking for a laptop with
- 15.6 inch FHD screen
- I play a shitload of DotA 2, I know these MOBA games don't require a lot of GPU power, but I am willing to invest for something that runs it at constant 60fps on highest settings. From what I have found so far, it seems a 950M will hit the sweet spot, but doesn't seem there a lot of laptops out there with it.
- Budget around 60k.

Also looking to buy in India only, not possible from outside.
Any suggestions?

Edit: Formatting for required format.

1) What is your budget? (INR or USD)
60k (65k max) INR

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?
Mainstream; 15" - 16" screen
Desktop Replacement; 17"+ screen

3) What are the primary tasks you will be performing with this notebook?
Playing DotA 2 primarily, but also might play some other titles. Watching movies.

5) Any typical configuration in your mind you're eying for ?
60fps on maxed out settings in DotA 2.

4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
a. Like: Lenovo
b. Dislike:

6) Anything else you would like to say?
Screen resolution ( 768p (HD) / 900p / 1080p (Full HD) ): Full HD
Battery back up ( normal (3-4hrs) / extended (5-7hrs) ): Normal
Purchase place ( Online (eg - flipkart, infibeam) / Local / Abroad (do mention the country) ): Preferably local, (in Hyderabad?). Could also maybe buy online.

Last edited:
OP
I

idkwho

Get Asus ROG GL552JX DM087D Core I7 4720HQ 4GB 1TB 15 6" Full HD 4GB Graphics | eBay. Best config in your budget.

Came across this, but unfortunately the listing already ended. And I can't seem to find it anywhere else at the same price. Priced at 70k everywhere.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Came across this, but unfortunately the listing already ended. And I can't seem to find it anywhere else at the same price. Priced at 70k everywhere.
Then wait for it to get back in stock. Don't buy any laptop with anything less than 950M in 60k.

Are there any other options with 940M apart from the HP Pavilion 15-ab032TX?

That HP one might be the best option if you exclude ASUS

If you can't wait for relisting
Asus GL552JX-CN009H ROG Series GL552JX Core i7 - (8 GB DDR3/1 TB HDD/Windows 8.1/2 GB Graphics) Notebook Rs.70999 Price in India - Buy Asus GL552JX-CN009H ROG Series GL552JX Core i7 - (8 GB DDR3/1 TB HDD/Windows 8.1/2 GB Graphics) Notebook Black Onli

OP
I

idkwho

That HP one might be the best option if you exclude ASUS

If you can't wait for relisting
Asus GL552JX-CN009H ROG Series GL552JX Core i7 - (8 GB DDR3/1 TB HDD/Windows 8.1/2 GB Graphics) Notebook Rs.70999 Price in India - Buy Asus GL552JX-CN009H ROG Series GL552JX Core i7 - (8 GB DDR3/1 TB HDD/Windows 8.1/2 GB Graphics) Notebook Black Onli

Spec wise what's the difference from the Asus ROG GL552JX DM087D posted earlier in this thread? Seems the same, only the Asus ROG GL552JX DM087D seems cheaper because imported.

OP
I

idkwho

I'm just waiting for AZOM to build their Sager laptops with 860M

I asked for a quote from them about a week back. They only offer 970/980M. When I said I am particularly looking for at most a 960M, I didn't really get the vibe that they were looking to go below 970M :/

Top Bottom