Laptop for General Work Budget INR35000

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan
1) What is your budget? (INR or USD)

INR35000/-

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?

14" screen or 15" - 16" screen

3) What are the primary tasks you will be performing with this notebook?

MSOffice, Web Browsing, music and watching movies (DVD/BR/BREncoded/4K etc.), some programming language compilers & databases.
No Gaming.

5) Any typical configuration in your mind you're eying for ?

No

4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?

No

6) Anything else you would like to say?

Screen resolution - Prefer Full HD / Whatever best is available
Battery back up - Normal or Whatever best is available

Purchase place - Local

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
See my post in this thread:
Need a laptop under 40k

Also you can check this model,similar to acer model but with original win 10 though no gfx card(I do consider HP quality more than acer quality).You can get no windows version for this model too(bs145tu but costs only 1k less so not really recommended).
*www.amazon.in/HP-Notebook-i5-8250U...e=UTF8&qid=1520517719&sr=1-1&keywords=bs146tu

OP
vidhubhushan

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan
thanks buddy. Asus model has a 2gb graphics card. how much it is going to affect? hp does not has it and for approx. 5000 more it offers i5. i hope asus model should easily last for over 2 years.
what is your opinion?
also, should we consider lenovo / compaq also?
i am planning to look for lenovo /compaq models for smaller typing work which I asked in the other thread.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
If you are not a gamer then gfx card should not affect your decision,i5 8th gen(a quad core) on the other hand is quite fast compared to 7th gen i3(a dual core).If your current work is not that much cpu dependent then even a 7th gen i3 is good enough for you.Asus is giving 2 years warranty so it will last that long in any case.

For your other thread I already suggested a lenovo model & in that range there aren't much options anyway.

gta5

Ambassador of Buzz
with hp you can get total 3 years onsite warranty by paying additional Rs 2300 if you buy before 15th march.. ( confirm eligibility of you model first , offer is available for most laptops - check hpshopping.in ) + some other shopping vouchers

Last edited:

gta5

Ambassador of Buzz
^^ it looks like they removed it recently.. it was there a month ago last time i checked.. with 5 % hdfc offer ...link is still showing up in google search also..

since this warranty extension offer is available for most HP laptops , it is likely that this offer is available for this laptop also if he buys from HP authorised offline store..
OP call/email hp and ask them..

Last edited:
OP
vidhubhushan

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan
This hp146tu is available in hp store here and the offer is also available but my time frame for the purchase has changed and it will be next month most likely.
The other laptop that I already bought is for a different purpose.
Thanks everyone to the reply.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
This hp146tu is available in hp store here and the offer is also available but my time frame for the purchase has changed and it will be next month most likely.
The other laptop that I already bought is for a different purpose.
Thanks everyone to the reply.
What exactly is the offer you are getting on bs146tu from hp offline store & what is the last date for this offer?

OP
vidhubhushan

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan
I think it's around 42k which they offred. the price they said is 44990.
15 March is the last date for offer of extended warranty. After that it's some 4-4.5k.
anyways, I will not be buying it that soon so will check models again when I am ready to buy.
Thanks for the help.

Last edited:

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
So what do you get for this extra 2300,1 year warranty with ADP or 1 year extra warranty over & above the standard 1 year warranty(total 2 years then).

gta5

Ambassador of Buzz
total 3 years onsite warranty .. No adp ..

*www.redeemnow.in/Redemption/BTS2018.pdf

lenovo offer is till april 30 ..

Back to School 2018 | Lenovo India

Last edited:
OP
vidhubhushan

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan
What is the best model right now? Which brand? Lenovo offers ADP which I think no other brand is offering.
Someone might finance it and the budget may go up to 40000 or 50000. Fingers crossed.

OP
vidhubhushan

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan
Vendor has said that there is one Lenovo ideapad silver laptop model having i5 8th gen 8gb 1tb win 10 full HD. Price offered is 39300. He doesn't remember the model number and said it will be there soon. I have not been able to find any such model in their website. So waiting for it.
Will check it out when it is delivered there.

Top Bottom