Laptop for Gaming+Productivity under 50+2k

sdk

Broken In
Some upfront points : Guys I am buying this laptop for atleast 5 term tenure, hence once I have bought this I shall be pretty much locked for 5 years with it,
That being said, I am going to use the laptop for both Gaming and productive purposes, so please if you think that a laptop shall not be apt for gaming/such purposes do tell me so that I can consider buying a PC instead.

1) What is your budget? INR 50k

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?

Mainstream; 15" - 16" screen
Desktop Replacement; 17"+ screen

3) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook?
Gaming, games like BF3+4, NFS series, Assassin's Creed Series, GTA V, CRYSIS 3 & all the upcoming and latest titles, I will also be using PS2 emulator. Apart from this, I will be using it to view webcasts and online classes, spreadsheet operations and web browsing.
If you think that the gaming might affect the lifespan of the lappy, do tell , I am planning to buy separate set of keyboard+mouse and fan for gaming, tell about some good options regarding the same

5) Any typical configuration in your mind you're eying for ?
Confused between APU Quadcore A10 + 2 GB GPU V/s. i5 +GPU
Some options I have seen are : (But I am not sure about gpu performance though)
HP Pavilion 15-e026AX Laptop (APU Quad Core A10/ 8GB/ 1TB/ DOS/ 1.5GB Graph)

HP Pavilion 15-n007AX Laptop (APU Quad Core/ 8GB/ 1TB/ Win8/ 2GB Graph)

HP Pavilion 15-E016TX Laptop (3rd Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 1TB/ Win8/ 2GB Graph)

Dell Inspiron 15 Laptop (4th Gen Ci5/ 6GB/ 1TB/ Win8/ 2GB Graph)

Your suggestions are welcome...

4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
No such prejudices but will avoid ASUS since have heard many people saying that it has grave heating issues

6) Anything else you would like to say?
Planning to buy locally, but if better price is available, will buy online.

Don't get anyone of the above.......
Get Lenovo Z500
i5 3230M > i5 4200U in terms of performance

Other great option is Samsung NP550P5C S04/06IN. S04 should be within your budget if u can find one locally
GT650M > GT740M
Also Samsung has better display & speakers than all other laptops in that price segment

Lenovo Ideapad Z500 (59-380463) Laptop (3rd Gen Ci5/ 6GB/ 1TB/ Win8/ 2GB Graph) vs Samsung NP550P5C-S04IN Laptop (3rd Gen Ci5/ 6GB/ 1 TB/ Win8/ 2GB Graph): Compare Computers: Flipkart.com

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Dell Inspiron 14z or 15z @ 48k

You can find 15z here: *www.dell.com/in/business/p/inspiron-15z-5523/pd

Last edited:
OP
sdk

sdk

Broken In
Thanks guys now my previous considerations are off my list, considering Lenovo Z500,Dell now,
@Shadow: Dude, can you please specify the reason.....

$hadow

Geek in making
Thanks guys now my previous considerations are off my list, considering Lenovo Z500,Dell now,
@Shadow: Dude, can you please specify the reason.....

You are looking for something which can game for next 5 Years with ease. And no laptop will to do so whereas you can get a desktop with good specs and upgrading is also fairly easy.

OP
sdk

sdk

Broken In
Ok folks, now it is Desktop v/s. laptop for me,
Desktop discussion goes here - *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/pc-compon...roductive-purpose-budget-50k.html#post2052481

ankush28

Bazinga
Ok folks, now it is Desktop v/s. laptop for me,
Desktop discussion goes here - *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/pc-compon...roductive-purpose-budget-50k.html#post2052481

Replied there !! Btw dont create multiple threads...

OP
sdk

sdk

Broken In
How's his spec btw - intel core i7-4500u/8gb ddr3/1tb/15.6" led/2 gb radeon hd8850m[Dell inspiron] ?

Are the cpu and gpu capable enough ?

How's his spec btw - intel core i7-4500u/8gb ddr3/1tb/15.6" led/2 gb radeon hd8850m[Dell inspiron] ?

Are the cpu and gpu capable enough ?

Ulv processor not for gaming bad choice.

That processor is equivalent to i5 3210M, so its overpriced laptop @ 56-58k

By the way, check this one.... Lenovo Z510 with i5 4200M
Lenovo Z510 (59387061) Laptop (4th Generation Intel Core i5-4200M- 4GB RAM- 1TB HDD- 15.6 Inches Screen- Windows 8- NVIDIA 2GB Graphics) (Dark Chocolate) - Buy Online @ Best Price | Snapdeal.com

OP
sdk

sdk

Broken In
^ @anupam_pb: Thanks for the suggestion dude, really appreciate it, btw whats the specs of gpu?
And hows' this - Dell Inspiron 15 3537 Laptop (4th Generation Intel Core i7-4500U- 8 GB RAM- 1 TB HDD- 15.6 Inches Screen- Windows 8- 2GB AMD Radeon HD 8850M Graphics)

Top Bottom