Laptop for Gaming - Lenonvo Ideapad Y510p query

Thor

Ambassador of Buzz
Hi Guys and Gals of the venerated TDF ..

My Current Laptop ( An ACER ASPIRE 5740G ) appears to have reached the end of road ... And consequently I am on the hunt for a relatively future proof "affordable" Laptop for Gaming ..

Lenovo Ideapad Y510p is something I am sincerely interested, as it seems to be the right combination of
Value for Money , Brawn and Beaty ..

I have a budget of around 80k ...

The reviews @ newegg, tomshardware, notebookcheck etc all deal with an Ideapad y510p which comes with dual GPUs ( 2 + 2 GB OF RAM in SLI ) . But flipkar, dostore ( lenovos online store here ), snapdeal all seem to be storing y510p model without the 2nd card using ultrabay. I called up dostore toll free # and asked the sales person if theres any way I can have the laptop bundled with the ultrabay gpu . He was clueless.

So tell me this, does the honor of best sub 80k gaming laptop hold true for Ideapad y510p even without the 2nd gfx card in sli / ultrabay ?
What would be the implication of not having the ultrabay sli gfx ? I really do not need the dvd rw drive they are giving with the ultrabay?

Regards
Thor

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
I seriously suggest you wait for Maxwell to be launched in India. MSI also seems to be interested in selling laptops here from Q2 onwards. Wait just a little while longer and you can get double gaming performance in the same budget.

$hadow

Geek in making
But remember one thing there is nothing like future proof. You need to change regularly to keep up with future.

OP
Thor

Thor

Ambassador of Buzz
Hi seamon,
Thanks for answering , any particular laptops with this Maxwell chip which are within the budget currently doing good in uk/us markets ?
I would like to checkout what I would be waiting for =)

Also even if I don't go for y510p , academically I am still interested in the original query .

What difference would it make for the india make/model of the y510p which is being sold with sli ? From a gamer perspective ?

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
Check msi laptops in Xotic PC website.
Indian y510p doesn't have sli. Yes, it's the best laptop within 80k. Sli theoretically provides 2x performance of single gpu when scaling to is 100% on both gpus.

- - - Updated - - -

With sli card, this laptop beats Asus g750jx which costs 1 lakh 50k.

OP
Thor

Thor

Ambassador of Buzz
So many choices in the xotic pc site. Wonder how many of them actually are available in India ?

I can't wait till they are released here =)

I am wondering if ordering the y510p sli model from US to india would be a possible option ? Using hopshopgo or something similar ?
Warranty would be something I would have to concern about.

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
So many choices in the xotic pc site. Wonder how many of them actually are available in India ?

I can't wait till they are released here =)

I am wondering if ordering the y510p sli model from US to india would be a possible option ? Using hopshopgo or something similar ?
Warranty would be something I would have to concern about.

You can use
PPOBox.com-Shop and Ship from USA, UK and China to India Online

I don't know about warranty, you have to ask them.

OP
Thor

Thor

Ambassador of Buzz
Yea comegateway looks good.
I am just salivating at the prospect of getting my hands on the IdeaPad...
If at all I end up spending 1100$ on the laptop (shipping excluded) any better lappie in this range? Or this is it?

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
Yea comegateway looks good.
I am just salivating at the prospect of getting my hands on the IdeaPad...
If at all I end up spending 1100$ on the laptop (shipping excluded) any better lappie in this range? Or this is it?

It's the best in this range.

Top Bottom