laptop for architecture student

techbulb

eUREKA...
1) What is your budget? (INR or USD)
50k-60k

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?
Mainstream; 15" - 16" screen

3) What are the primary tasks you will be performing with this notebook?
For architecture softwares like autocad & google sketchup etc, gaming ,movies etc

5) Any typical configuration in your mind you're eying for ?
IDEAPAD Z50 FHD
HP Pavilion 15-p045TX

4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
no

6) Anything else you would like to say?
Should suffice for at least 3 years

OP
techbulb

techbulb

eUREKA...
Avoid ULV processors
Avoid DDR3 Graphics

Choices:
Y50
Y510p i5 version
Dell
HP

1. This laptop is for my cousin y50 is out of his range (maybe i will buy it ;p).
2. y510p is a year old & why buy old stuff.
3. i know the reason for avoiding ddr3 ram graphic but wats the downside of ulv processors
4. specify model in HP or DELL (please)

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
1. This laptop is for my cousin y50 is out of his range (maybe i will buy it ;p).
2. y510p is a year old & why buy old stuff.
3. i know the reason for avoiding ddr3 ram graphic but wats the downside of ulv processors
4. specify model in HP or DELL (please)
2. old doesn't necessarily means underpowered. :wink: IMO Y510p is better than Y50 leaving the GPU
3. ULVs are for better battery life, lower power consumption and kind of overpriced for the budget. thats why avoid ULV at all cost.

OP
techbulb

techbulb

eUREKA...
2. old doesn't necessarily means underpowered. :wink: IMO Y510p is better than Y50 leaving the GPU
3. ULVs are for better battery life, lower power consumption and kind of overpriced for the budget. thats why avoid ULV at all cost.
1. "old doesn't necessarily means underpowered" I know that but i want to know are there any other options because y510 is basically a gaming laptop whereas this laptops primary function is architecture software running smoothly,and its out of his budget its around 65k i checked on snapdeal

kunalgujarathi

Cyborg Agent
Friend!
You need to go Full HD(1080p)
If you go for Architecture because Revit Architecture & Photoshop are best rendered in
FHD!

And you need GDDR5 graphics And powerful proccy!

So you can best i5 or Quadcore I7

Also Lenovo build quality is on par with HP Pavilion and Dell Inspiron counterparts

OP
techbulb

techbulb

eUREKA...
Friend!
You need to go Full HD(1080p)
If you go for Architecture because Revit Architecture & Photoshop are best rendered in
FHD!

And you need GDDR5 graphics And powerful proccy!

So you can best i5 or Quadcore I7

Also Lenovo build quality is on par with HP Pavilion and Dell Inspiron counterparts

I Know that lenovo has good build quality but i can't seem to find any other laptops other than y50 and y510p (out of price range) that have good gpu(gddr5) and cpu & are FHD and i don't know if he uses revit architecture he said he uses autocad and google sketchup at the moment, he is a first year architecture student.
please suggest models with in range thnx

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
IDK but some people seem too have the logic that if a laptop is good for gaming then it automatically performs poorly in other fields.

OP
techbulb

techbulb

eUREKA...
IDK but some people seem too have the logic that if a laptop is good for gaming then it automatically performs poorly in other fields.
ok my bad kill my comment about gaming laptop but they still are out of range

Top Bottom