Laptop for 45k

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssk_the_gr8

Make Way the LORD is Here
Guys i'm planning on a new laptop. I can extend my budget by a bit. My requirements are
1. A dedicated graphics card. Min. Ati 4570
2.4 gb ram
3.vista HP 64 bit with free upgrade to windows 7. Can someone please explain how this upgrading will work?is it totally free or i'll have to pay transportation charges. Will i recieve the upgrade in october or will it take time.dell is offering this. Are any other companies?
I'm basically waiting for 7. So should i wait or buy now.
Is their any chance of price drops as intel is launching mobile core i7, i5.
What is your opinion on studio 15. Some people have been reporting problems with it.

Looks like i have posted too many questions. I need your help. Thanx.

Tamoghno

Padawan
^^ everybody have their own choices . Hp is not that bad. I do like their stunning looks.

Btw , what is the cheapest dell with graphics card ?

Krow

Crowman
Agreed about the choices part, but Dell has better build quality (Inspiron series) and is much more VFM.

@ OP : *configure.ap.dell.com/dellstore/co...s1&l=en&oc=S540811IN8&prod=false&vw=icon&fb=1

This is what you want. Configure with peace! :)

OP
ssk_the_gr8

ssk_the_gr8

I have heard about problems with studio 15? What about the build quality of studio 15
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
-----------------------------------------
What about my other queries. Is anybody going to answer them

Last edited:

Krow

Crowman
Studio 15 is not as sturdy as Inspiron AFAI have observed, but it is very sleek and comes with push in dvd drive, i mean no irritating tray which slides out. Unless you are going to be throwing your laptop around your home, you do not need to worry. About the upgrade, better, better call up Dell and they'll tell you about it or check Dell's website. Dell Windows 7 Upgrade

My friend uses the studio 15 and it is awesome acc to him. Even I like it, but luckily (for you, not him), the laptop bag (which had some books too) fell from a height of 6 feet and the screen cracked, so he got the screen replaced for 14k + 4k for the accidental damage protection warranty. Otherwise the laptop is excellent and pure VFM.

Krow

Crowman
I have seen and used laptops of Acer, HP, Dell and Lenovo, but I prefer Dell only. Yet I suggest u ask two people here.

desiibond (he has good knowledge)
damngoodman999 (He bought an acer laptop and posted a review in the reviews section).

Last edited:

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
^^Check HP DV6 but make sure you select core2duo based laptop. And you need to speak with HP about windows 7 upgrade plan. AFAIK, vista license or branded hw purchased after July will get free upgrade to windows 7.

let me search in other brands.

for me dell sucks, I dont know why people so over hype it, I had bad worst experience with vostro,
that is why I was looking for other brands, and hp has better built quality to dell.

OP
ssk_the_gr8

ssk_the_gr8

Hp dv6 1154 is out of my budget. So it is between hp dv 6 1211 and dell studio 15.i get amd turion x2 and ati hd4650 1 gb ddr3 with hp and i get core2duo and ati hd4570 512 mb ddr2 with dell. What kind of performance difference is there between these 2 graphics cards. Which laptop should i chose because my main usage will be gaming.

Krow

Crowman
Check out some reviews to see if ATI4570 (mobile) is better than 4650. If yes, then dell it is for you.

deepak_wr

Right off the assembly line
well actually me too in d same position....
d ATI4650 gives double the performance of ati 4570...100% sure...
well from wad i hv heard u wont get more than 1.5 hours backup on Hp dv 1211
n as u knw dell is knwn fr deir gud battery life(dat mite b wid d 9 cell battery n d P* series proccesors tho)......
also both laptops heat up equally...so coolin pad or lappy stand is neccesary...
so its kinda very very difclt to choose...gamin and 3d performance wise Hp is clear winner...
so its ur call...

OP
ssk_the_gr8

ssk_the_gr8

So its gonna be a difficult decision but i guess i will have to decide . I'll check out some reviews.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom