Laptop CMOS Battery

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Hi Guys,

I am using AZOM Exigo Laptop bought in 2018. Its still running in good condition. But the CMOS battery is dead and I want to replace it.
Can someone tell me where is the CMOS battery location in it ?

I know in Desktop PC the CMOS battery is simple to replace but Laptop CMOS battery is different.

ramussons

Broken In
AFAIK, there is no CMOS battery in a Laptop. The CMOS clock is powered on by the laptop battery, and sustains for some time due to a capacitor when the laptop battery is removed.

OP
Zangetsu

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
AFAIK, there is no CMOS battery in a Laptop. The CMOS clock is powered on by the laptop battery, and sustains for some time due to a capacitor when the laptop battery is removed.
There is a CMOS battery. If you google youtube videos you will see Laptop CMOS battery replace process. Every Laptop model has different location for it.

ramussons

Broken In
There is a CMOS battery. If you google youtube videos you will see Laptop CMOS battery replace process. Every Laptop model has different location for it.
Thanks for the info. In my Toshiba laptop, it was just under the key board, and I was searching for it on the other side. :-(

Gollum

Collector
Most Modern laptops now don't come with an RTC/CMOS battery.
Always check your laptop service and maintenance guide for it.

Top Bottom