Laptop Charge

avichandana20000

Cyborg Agent
Under UNESCO Heritage project i need to travel in the villages of west bengal to interact with the veteran artists. In the process i need to take various data about them.

With fully recharged battery i started from kolkata. Nxt day during workshop laptop started at 9.30 a.m. and lasts around 1 p.m. Data is filled up in an Excel Format. For the second half i have to use pen and paper. While i am in the house of the artist i try to recharge but most of the time there is either a power cut or very very low voltage. The project continues for 3-5 days .

So any solution to recharge the battery without electricity ?

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.
There are many solutions. But depends upon how much you are ready to spend.

1) You can buy this 60,000 MaH power bank for 18K. This is small and the right size.

*www.amazon.in/Coolnut-Macbooks-Not...ble+laptop+charger&qid=1627960389&sr=8-4&th=1

2) You can buy a router UPS but due to low capcity, it will not be able to provide full charge.

3) You can buy a solar charging kit which for some reason are not available so you might need to import one. expect about 15k-25k for it excluding customs. There are some of them available but seems overkill
*www.amazon.in/Havells-Enviro-GTi11...prefix=camping+power+s,lawngarden,306&sr=8-12

*www.amazon.in/s?k=camping+power+st...,lawngarden,306&ref=nb_sb_ss_fb_1_15_ts-doa-p

4) You can buy another same model battery as of your laptop and use it with laptop once the previous one finishes, only if your laptop has removable battery.

5) If you travel in car, then you can buy something like this
- *www.amazon.in/Vantro-Power-Inverter-200W-Port/dp/B07L6B4XH7/ref=sr_1_11?crid=1L0L4CR89KT9O&dchild=1&keywords=camping+power+station+generator&qid=1627960225&sprefix=camping+power+s,lawngarden,306&sr=8-11

This one is from swiss millitary and seems better
- *www.amazon.in/Swiss-Military-Porta...portable+laptop+charger&qid=1627960389&sr=8-3

If you have a Macbook, then you can buy Xiaomi's PD powerbank, which will be able to give atleast 40-50% charge.

Edit:- Which Laptop do you have? And what is the power rating of the charger brick?

OP
avichandana20000

avichandana20000

Cyborg Agent
there are several Laptops in office of diff brands. Only one was allocated to me per project. HP, Lenovo and Dell
Swiss Military itself needs to be Charged?

Nerevarine

Incarnate
This one is from swiss millitary and seems better
- Amazon.in

FYI Swiss Military is an Indian brand which is taking advantage of phoren sounding name. Its products are the worst quality, typical rebranded chineses even worse than roadside small shops.

Last edited:

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.
FYI Swiss Military is an Indian brand which is taking advantage of phoren sounding name. Its products are the worst quality, typical rebranded chineses even worse than roadside small shops.

I recommended that one because it is still better than what the previous thing is, it has the right size, and has proper ventilation with fan to cool down the internals and is atleast in stock right now.

They are using the brand logo similar to victorinox which makes it seem some good thing. And since victorinox makes product related to trips and portability, one can easily be fooled.

OP
avichandana20000

avichandana20000

Cyborg Agent
No, it is not a battery pack, instead it is a inverter and uses the cigarette port in car to convert it AC so you can use it.
There is no car with me .

So i need to plug in the laptop charger into its socket and tht will charge the Laptop Battery though Swiss Military itself is not plugged in anywhere.

Top Bottom