Right off the assembly line
Hi All,

I want to buy a laptop parameters greater than or equal to following:
RAM: 8GB(DDR4)
SSD: 256GB
HDD: 512GB
Processor: i5 or i7 8th Gen
Price: 60-80K

I need a portable laptop. So I am thinking screen size should be upto 14inches. And there is not much need for graphics card here, but if it is available in the given budget then it is good.

And certainly CD/DVD drive is not needed, as I am looking for lighter laptop.

I am considering Macbook Air. I am seeking opinion on if there is any other laptop with better configuration in this price range that should I go for.

Thanks in advance..

Randy_Marsh

Youngling
Hi All,

I want to buy a laptop parameters greater than or equal to following:
RAM: 8GB(DDR4)
SSD: 256GB
HDD: 512GB
Processor: i5 or i7 8th Gen
Price: 60-80K

I need a portable laptop. So I am thinking screen size should be upto 14inches. And there is not much need for graphics card here, but if it is available in the given budget then it is good.

And certainly CD/DVD drive is not needed, as I am looking for lighter laptop.

I am considering Macbook Air. I am seeking opinion on if there is any other laptop with better configuration in this price range that should I go for.

Thanks in advance..

The older model of MacBook Air still performs good (practically) in case of normal usage (surfing net, watching movies etc.) even if its hardware is super outdated, but its screen quality is very bad when compared to today's standards.
If you are talking about the latest macbook air, it overshoots your budget.
You might want to have a look on something like this
1.1Kg laptop with dedicated (weak though) GPU: *www.amazon.in/ZenBook-UX433FN-A612...=asus+zenbook&qid=1561626230&s=gateway&sr=8-5
1.1Kg laptop without dedicated GPU: *www.amazon.in/UX333FA-A4118T-13-3-...=asus+zenbook&qid=1561626230&s=gateway&sr=8-4
Rest of the specs are as per your requirements (512GB PCIe SSD,i5 8th gen, 8GB RAM). However, memory of these kind of models generally are very hard/impossible to upgrade in future due to permanently soldered RAM sticks, if the need arises.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
2015 Macbook Air is decent. But 8GB may not be enough in the long run especially if you do lots of coding and build stuff from source. Otherwise, it's not a bad choice. The newer Retina ones are sadly much more expensive and I feel they are not worth it.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Yes it was decent for year 2015 and at 30-40k price then.
As a "MacBook" its still decent. Although there are rumors of Apple ditching the butterfly keys finally in their next iteration. MacOS as an eco-system is far ahead of what Windows or Linux offers. You get the best of both worlds. Not to mention unless gaming is a priority, it's most of these "high spec'd" laptops are just not worth carrying around. This I am telling from experience after spending a couple of years with a Macbook and recently switching to a high specc'd laptop. MacOS is pretty good for development and normal day to day usage. Not to mention how much better MacOS is at managing battery life.

Why do you need a GPU?

The older model of MacBook Air still performs good (practically) in case of normal usage (surfing net, watching movies etc.) even if its hardware is super outdated, but its screen quality is very bad when compared to today's standards.
If you are talking about the latest macbook air, it overshoots your budget.
You might want to have a look on something like this
1.1Kg laptop with dedicated (weak though) GPU: *www.amazon.in/ZenBook-UX433FN-A612...=asus+zenbook&qid=1561626230&s=gateway&sr=8-5
1.1Kg laptop without dedicated GPU: *www.amazon.in/UX333FA-A4118T-13-3-...=asus+zenbook&qid=1561626230&s=gateway&sr=8-4
Rest of the specs are as per your requirements (512GB PCIe SSD,i5 8th gen, 8GB RAM). However, memory of these kind of models generally are very hard/impossible to upgrade in future due to permanently soldered RAM sticks, if the need arises.
+1

Cheaper Zenbook:
Asus ZenBook 13 Core i5 8th Gen - (8 GB/512 GB SSD/Windows 10 Home) UX331UAL-EG011T Thin and Light Laptop Rs.89990 Price in India - Buy Asus ZenBook 13 Core i5 8th Gen - (8 GB/512 GB SSD/Windows 10 Home) UX331UAL-EG011T Thin and Light Laptop Deep Dive Blue Online - Asus : Flipkart.com
I feel this is enough for OP, no need to spend up to 80k.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
I will always suggest to stay away from MSI laptops until I start seeing positive post and reviews about it. They are built to run only for one year even though the cost is 80k+.

I will always suggest to stay away from MSI laptops until I start seeing positive post and reviews about it. They are built to run only for one year even though the cost is 80k+.
MSI has some good laptops, but their poor after-sales & Indian pricing compared to competition puts it in a tough to recommend spot.

Gauravchi

Journeyman
Fill this:
Questionnaire for laptop/notebook purchase
Don't waste money on crapbook air.

I second that.

@mayautobot Well, you should also consider after-sales service. I also had bought MacAir 2 years back and right now it is in service center. Apple service is totally crap in India. Sharing my experience with you, you might find it useful in making decision.

Once the 1 year warranty ran out, I had option of either be out of warranty or to extend it for 2 years for a hefty amount of 18,000 INR. For me, being out of warranty was the obvious choice. Last week, my Mac suddenly stopped detecting keyboard, then hard-disk within an hour and then it stopped booting up. I visited service center, and they charged 2000 INR just to check what's the issue. I paid. Two days back, I got an email from Apple which read like following:
"mac is not powering on. Charged battery still no go, done SMC reset still same issue, checked with good IO board still no sign of power on. Hence issue in the logic board, so need to replace the logic board to check further." This came with a link to pay INR 46,359.

I underlined two phrases, hope you're getting what I am trying to highlight. Well, this instance surely helped me to take decision of not going for any apple product in the future (unless they really work out their service).

So considering this experience, I would highly recommend to avoid MacAir or any apple laptop. Market is full of portable ultrabooks these days, you will find a better one.

@SaiyanGoku and @anupam_pb Please use this instance/case in your suggestions if you think it can be a deal breaker while making decision.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Best Laptop Under 70000 in India
  1. HP 15 15g-br010TX with Core i7 7th Gen 8 GB/1 TB HDD, Windows 10, and 4 GB Graphics. ...
  2. Dell Inspiron 15 5000 5570 Laptop. ...
  3. Asus VivoBook S15 S510UN-BQ052T Laptop. ...
  4. Lenovo Ideapad 510 Laptop. ...
  5. MSI GL Series GL62M 7RDX-2680IN Laptop.
OP didn't ask for 5 random suggestions. :facepalm:

Top Bottom