Laptop buying advice (Max budget 50k)

tejjammy

Journeyman
Hi everybody!
Recently my dell studio 1558 died due to GPU problems so i need to buy a new lappy. Please suggest me some good laptops which are vale for money. This laptop seems to suit my requirements.
Lenovo Essential G505s (59-380146) Laptop (APU Quad Core A10/ 8GB/ 1TB/ DOS/ 2.5GB Graph)

1) What is your budget? (INR or USD)
INR 50,000

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?

Mainstream; 15" - 16" screen

3) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook?

Mostly light educational work. Will be using Photoshop/Lightroom and sometimes After Effects

5) Any typical configuration in your mind you're eying for ?

Would like to have a decent processor and graphic card combo for using the above mentioned software without much lag.
I prefer a fullHD (1920x1080) display but most laptops don't offer it. If the laptop doesn't have FullHD dislay, the graphic card should be powerful enought to drive an external monitor without overheating and such problems.
1TB HDD and memory 8GB+

4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
a. Like: none
b. Dislike: none

6) Anything else you would like to say?

Screen resolution (1080p (Full HD) ) if not, suggest a good external display
Battery back up ( normal (3-4hrs) ) )
Purchase place ( Online preferably flipkart)

Thanks

AbhMkh

Ambassador of Buzz
Hi everybody!
Recently my dell studio 1558 died due to GPU problems so i need to buy a new lappy. Please suggest me some good laptops which are vale for money. This laptop seems to suit my requirements.
Lenovo Essential G505s (59-380146) Laptop (APU Quad Core A10/ 8GB/ 1TB/ DOS/ 2.5GB Graph)

1) What is your budget? (INR or USD)
INR 50,000

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?

Mainstream; 15" - 16" screen

3) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook?

Mostly light educational work. Will be using Photoshop/Lightroom and sometimes After Effects

5) Any typical configuration in your mind you're eying for ?

Would like to have a decent processor and graphic card combo for using the above mentioned software without much lag.
I prefer a fullHD (1920x1080) display but most laptops don't offer it. If the laptop doesn't have FullHD dislay, the graphic card should be powerful enought to drive an external monitor without overheating and such problems.
1TB HDD and memory 8GB+

4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
a. Like: none
b. Dislike: none

6) Anything else you would like to say?

Screen resolution (1080p (Full HD) ) if not, suggest a good external display
Battery back up ( normal (3-4hrs) ) )
Purchase place ( Online preferably flipkart)

Thanks

You are unlikely to get a laptop with a FHD display under 50K, The closest you can get is this

SVF15219SN : VAIO® Fit 14E/15E : VAIO™ Laptop & Computer : Sony India

A good laptop under 50K would a a Lenovo Z500, its has a Nvidia GT 740M which has enough juice o power external monitors.

*www.flipkart.com/lenovo-ideapad-z5...z500&ref=fa9daaad-9e72-4964-9992-63c06a799050

As far as monitors are concerned you check this out

LG 24EA53VQ LED Monitor - IPS Monitor - LG Electronics IN

Cheers!
Abhijit

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
What about the Lenovo G505s I linked? Hows the ATI Sunpro HD 8570?
That's also a great config I would go with Sony for the service and build quality dunno how lenovo service and build quality is....
Maybe someone here who owns it can share their experience to make it easier to select
Otherwise both are great for the price IMO

$hadow

Geek in making
See service depends where you live. And build quality is by far best what you could get from lenovo. G series is their bread and butter so they always tries to get the best in it under that particular price bracket.

Top Bottom