Laptop buying advice.. Budget 36k

shabin5785

Broken In
1) What is your budget? (INR or USD)
36 INR
2) What size notebook would you prefer?
14'' preferably..may be 15'' also

3) Which country will you buying this notebook?
India
4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
a. Like: Hp, sony, Toshiba
b. Dislike:

5) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook?
video playback, normal games , studies, programming and applications
6) Will you be taking the notebook with you to different places, leaving it on your desk or both?
leaving it at desk
7) Will you be playing games on your notebook? If so, please state which games or types of games?
Football manager and strategy games like Anno and Fifa..
8) How many hours of battery life do you need?
Greater than 2.5 hrs
9) Would you prefer to see the notebooks you're considering before purchasing it or buying a notebook on-line without seeing it is OK?
Would like to see it.
10) What OS do you prefer? Windows (XP or Vista or Windows 7), Mac OS, Linux, etc.
Win7.

Guys help me choose one laptop.. i need one for my studies and should support Ubuntu OS as well(like wifi and touchpad and so on should work with Ubuntu as well)

which is better? Sony or Toshiba?

OP
S

shabin5785

Broken In
I heard that Dell as lots of problems. Also my friend faced issues with Keyboard and Battery within an year on a dell laptop..

Can any one please suggest a Sony or Toshiba laptop?
How about Asus and their service in india and reliability?

Also advice needed regarding sandy bridge processors. Does the choice of sandy bridge has any advantages? If so any laptops availabe with sandy bridge processors?

jsjs

Journeyman
If you want sony then look for viao E series.
Asus is a good company but their laptops are not easily available and most lappys these days got sandy bridges.
Sandy bridge is currently better than other cpus out there.

OP
S

shabin5785

Broken In
K thanks for the reply.

One final question. Whats the opinion aboout Toshiba? Its reliability and service in india?

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
K thanks for the reply.

One final question. Whats the opinion aboout Toshiba? Its reliability and service in india?

Toshiba is better than most others in reliability with only ASUS and Apple bettering this brand. The only problem is that they are not doing enough marketing in India. Service too should be good here in India.

Top Bottom