laptop below 45k suited for linux

anoopjb

search engine..
1) What is your budget?
round 45k

2) What size notebook would you prefer?
15" or 14".. tat doesn't matter

3) Which country will you buying this notebook?
from INDIA ..more specifically kochi (kerala)

5) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook?

I am a computer Science student who likes to do some touchups in photoshop and play little games. and ofcourse some programming. mainly uses linux.

6) Will you be taking the notebook with you to different places, leaving it on your desk or both?
i am always mobile.

7) Will you be playing games on your notebook? If so, please state which games or types of games?
littl gaming .. mostly nfs series

bhtani

Broken In
@anoopjb, as per ur specifications, does a little gaming (nfs) mean nfs carbon and it's previous version or later versions?

I am asking because even if u do photoshop stuffs & linux, 45k is HUGEly overkill. I am learning Linux server (RHEL) myself and linux runs like a charm on my ancient P4 machine..

So my suggestion is if u get ur priorities checked, u can save a LOT (even 30k lappies will do for u as far as I know)

And 1 thing, plz dont go for lenovo. I have seen 4 of them melt away into oblivion in front of my naked eyes (sorry lenovo fans).

OP
anoopjb

anoopjb

search engine..
@anoopjb, as per ur specifications, does a little gaming (nfs) mean nfs carbon and it's previous version or later versions?

I am asking because even if u do photoshop stuffs & linux, 45k is HUGEly overkill. I am learning Linux server (RHEL) myself and linux runs like a charm on my ancient P4 machine..

likes to play latest nfs..:)) i also want to make it future proof,..nd shud be strictly inside ma budget... ( wont be buying anythng for nxt 3 years..)..

bhtani

Broken In
I hv rounded up a few lappies for u.

1.HP - Pavilion G4-1121TX --~41-42k
2.Acer - 5830TG --~41-42k
3.Asus - K52JR-SX197V --~45-46k
4.HP - Pavilion DV6-6044tx--~42-43k
5.Acer - aspire 7750g--~47k (but u get an i7 processor ;) )

What I suggest is, that u go to consumermate DOT com and see features for urself. then decide after consulting more sites & shops coz I am sure u have certain brands on ur mind too ;) ..

P.S.- I have bought 3 laptops from Capital Electronics 's chain and have found out that occasionally they give excellent deals..I have yet to find a major fault in their product too ;) :razz:

vgr

Broken In
1) What is your budget?
round 45k

2) What size notebook would you prefer?
15" or 14".. tat doesn't matter

3) Which country will you buying this notebook?
from INDIA ..more specifically kochi (kerala)

5) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook?

I am a computer Science student who likes to do some touchups in photoshop and play little games. and of course some programming. mainly uses linux.

6) Will you be taking the notebook with you to different places, leaving it on your desk or both?
i am always mobile.

7) Will you be playing games on your notebook? If so, please state which games or types of games?
littl gaming .. mostly nfs series

Start using GImP instead of photoshop. As far as linux goes, HP doesn't take to well to it.. so don't get a HP.
TRy looking at ASUS or ACER... If you plan on installing ubuntu, you could virtually pick up any laptop ... doesn't really matter even if it's old... so well think about it.. look for older models of laptops ... thinkpads run pretty smooth on ubuntu... and well you can play a bit too.. it (used to) be pretty stable.. I'm not sure about the ones Lenovo has started making.

Ishu Gupta

Manchester United
wat tat mean dude?? im buying hp dv4 3015tx tomoro. nd vill b using ubuntu mainly.. does it sync??
People were having trouble with switchable graphics. Even when using the onboard, the dedicated used full power and so the battery life was less.

Not sure about the situation now.

shailesh

Broken In
Wat abt hp dv4 3016tx.. It has 2 usb3.0. Nd 1 gb ati 6750

3016tx and 3015tx have been discontinued by HP.

Asus k53sv sx520d

2nd gen corei5
2gb nvidia g540
4gb ram
750gb hard disk
usb3.0
altec lansng speaker
DOS

Price 38.5k

I heard that this laptop has been discontinued. Is it so? I couldnt find it on flipkart, its out of stock there..
Any info about where I can buy it in Mumbai or online.

Well, i know it is out of stock 4m flipkart but it hasnt yet been discontinued. But i dnt know regarding mumbai. I am 4m kolkata and it is available 4m asus xclusiv store here.

Top Bottom