Status
Not open for further replies.

Abhishek Dwivedi

TechFreakiez.com
i've just got ma new lappy with vista home basic installed...it has only one partition of 110 GB...i want to create 4 partition out of it....the problem is that if i formate the hdd, i'll lose vista...what should i do....plzz help....

(compaq 3424)

shantanu

Technomancer
Vista has a partition manager , so you can split partitions as much as you like,, no need to format

thread moved to software troubleshooting.. i thought its not a tutorial..

Last edited:

koolbluez

Šupər♂ - 超人
Forget formatting... why do u wanna do it when u can create a new partition outta ur xisting partition(without hurting Vista in any way) when the Scrooge,MS, gave free PartitionWare with Vista itself.

In Windows Vista it is now possible to resize partitions without any data loss in the new Disk Management console.

To resize partitions with Windows Vista:
a.Click on the Start Button and right click on Computer and select Manage.
b.Expand the Storage section and select Disk Management.
c.Then just right click on any partition and select either Expand or Shrink to change the size of the partition.This will allow you to safely resize your partitions without any data loss.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Click on matter above for more details from the horse's mouth..

Don't want the in-built partitioning mechanism... try some third-party partitioning software... like Disc Director... free PartitionLogic

Last edited:

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
iv read that but if some 1 has tried it and been successful only then will be shrinking anythin .... waiting for some successful results ...

Ishan

In the zone
yup i have partitioned two of my friends vista Laptops...
Dont worry! be happy!
I was successful both the times....Cheers!........
Credit goes to "Hrushij"-Digit member....
He taught me this...Thank him and not me..OK!

Ishan

In the zone
sorry i forgot to mention...i used inbuilt vista shrink method
right click on my computer icon->manage->storage->disk Mangement->selcet drive->right click on it-> shrink

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom