Lappy decision - Is this Fujitsu a good choice? Any other brand...?

Raccoon

Journeyman
1) What is your budget? (INR or USD)

25,000 (somewhat flexible, but less the better).

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?

15" minimum.

3) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?

a. Like: Asus, HP, Fujitsu
b. Dislike: Acer (Friend into lappy repair/sales says recent ones have highest failure rates.

4) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook?

HD movies (sound & screen quality important), lot of multitasking, lot of typing (needs good keyboard), reading, some photo/graphic editing, occasional gaming (less important), etc.

5) What screen resolution(s) & type (glossy/matte) would you prefer?

Best available for the price. As for glossy/matte, whats the advantage/disadvantage of both?

6) Anything else you would like to say? (eg: local purchase, ASS,matte/glossy finish)

Have narrowed down on Fujitsu AH532. However, nobody I know has this brand. And there are very few reviews on it online. Does anybody have any comments on this brand?

Also, this model has Core i3 (2nd Generation) 2328M. How does this compare to other i3 CUP/chipset variants like i3 2350M?

Samsung NP300E5X-A04IN (2nd Gen Ci3-2370M/ 2GB/ 500 GB/ DOS) could also be an option but. Samsung is giving 1 year extended warranty free; but the laptop costs more. But again, Samsung laptops don't seem to have much presense in India at least... hardly any reviews, and no idea about quality. Does anybody know how this CPU/chipset compares with the above Fijitsu?

I'm open to AMD also, esp. its saving me money. However, it seems i3 might be better suited to my need (please corrent me if I'm wrong).

Cheapest seller to buy from would also be very much appreciated. I reckon buying online would cost less than buying offline, right?

Please help. :-(

Top Bottom