Lap needed in 1 week

Well I love Samsung pick and drop service they will make the work as fast as possible and then will give the laptop back within 20 days of submission of lappy.

20 days is still a long period..... Anyways Samsung is improving their ASS
@OP: I'll recommend S05IN if you are in a tight budget

BTW Lenovo is replacing the faulty touchpad in their new Y500s

$hadow

Geek in making
Man just go for so5in best in class gpu and an 1600*900 resolution screen. Will be fun to play games and watch movies as well.

20 days is still a long period..... Anyways Samsung is improving their ASS
@OP: I'll recommend S05IN if you are in a tight budget

BTW Lenovo is replacing the faulty touchpad in their new Y500s

That is max which has happened with my brother so2in. Normally you can get your device back within a week.

sanemate

Broken In
Buy either of S05in or the Y500, wouldnt regret buying either. Though, as you need it quick, I would suggest Sammy as for Y500, if you can wait, get one without the touchpad issue than getting it fixed later while you are in college.

Key differences :

1. Full HD versus HD
2. DDR5 versus DDR3 with Optimus
3. DVD versus BluRay
4. 2 years warranty versus 1 year
5. 3635QM versus 3630QM (latter is marginally better)
6. Backlit keyboard versus normal keyboard
7. Y500 has slightly lesser battery life.
8. Glossy versus matte display

First point are Y500s, latter Sammy S05's. Now you decide according to your taste :p

PS : I was getting Y500 for 62k at a dealer in Kolkata, am sure you can get it cheaper if you inquire. So budget wise, there shouldnt be much of a difference between the two laptops.

Buy either of S05in or the Y500, wouldnt regret buying either. Though, as you need it quick, I would suggest Sammy as for Y500, if you can wait, get one without the touchpad issue than getting it fixed later while you are in college.

Key differences :

1. Full HD versus HD
2. DDR5 versus DDR3 with Optimus
3. DVD versus BluRay
4. 2 years warranty+ADP versus 1 year
5. 3632QM versus 3630M (latter is marginally better)(2.2 GHz vs 2.4GHz)
6. Backlit keyboard versus normal keyboard
7. Y500 has slightly lesser battery life.
8. Glossy versus matte display
9.JBL speakers with Dolby enhancement Vs JBL speakers with sub woofer(latter has better bass, that's it)
10. Ultrabay vs ???

First point are Y500s, latter Sammy S05's. Now you decide according to your taste :p

PS : I was getting Y500 for 62k at a dealer in Kolkata, am sure you can get it cheaper if you inquire. So budget wise, there shouldnt be much of a difference between the two laptops.

Corrected.......Overall, you will not see difference between the two in real life based on performance.
Y500 looks better(due to black colour with red backlit keyboard) & Samsung has better speakers though(due to sub woofer)

That is max which has happened with my brother so2in. Normally you can get your device back within a week.

My friend's S03IN's one 4GB RAM got issues, Samsung took it from him. Its already 2 weeks now & still he didn't get his new 4GB RAM.....(Samsung says, its on the way)

Last edited:

$hadow

Geek in making
Corrected.......Overall, you will not see difference between the two in real life based on performance.
Y500 looks better(due to black colour with red backlit keyboard) & Samsung has better speakers though(due to sub woofer)

My friend's S03IN's one 4GB RAM got issues, Samsung took it from him. Its already 2 weeks now & still he didn't get his new 4GB RAM.....(Samsung says, its on the way)

Similar was the problem with my brother lappy and that is what I am saying that for the first time sammy took 20 days to return it. Normally they do so in about a period of 1 week.

Top Bottom