LAN card disconnects automatically!! :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

legolas

Padawan
hi,

i hav single port ethernet modem from airtel, a 256 kbps connection. i had a fresh copy of windows installed after the old one screwed me. but now i face problems i havnt faced before. while connecting to the internet, it says "verifying user name and pass" and stays still.. then my LAN card gets disconnected and doesnt get connected(enabled) again until i restart. and this happens only at times, but more frequently now!! i cudnt figure out the problem. and when this happens, whiule i am to restart, the screen "windows is now shuitting down" never changes. i mean it never restarts by itself. i hav to press the "reset" key. what is the problem? is it that the airtel ppl r working something on the conx or has it to do any testing with my modem or my LAN card? coz my LAN card light glows on all time. pls help me. thk u

/legolas

techno_funky

da' Ťurntable ruleth
you better get your lan card checked i had problems where the net disconnected by itself
and i could never connect until i rebooted
when it got disconnected i couldnt even ping my cable operators server i used to think it was thier problem
finally the card gave up i culdnt boot up my pc only when i removed this card did my pc boot up so had to buy a new one
so i sugest you better et your lan card tested on another computer if possible

abhinav

Journeyman
Well I had the same problem before but it was my ISP fault and it was with my Cable actually.

Now its working fine

@legolas:
I think as techno_funky said you should check your lan on another PC if possible.
Or else are you sure the drivers are updated and are having no prob.
Please check the basic problems that can be there.

OP
L

legolas

Padawan
yeah, as u ppl said, my lan card gave up! got a new one, DAX and is working fine now! thks guys.

/legolas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom