Lamington Road Right Solutions buying experience anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeekDigitkaAccount

Right off the assembly line
Hi guys I was looking to assemble a desktop. I was new to Mumbai and heard of the famous lamington road. I went around and for my specifications I received quotations that varied widely among the different shops.

Of which PrimeABGB was the highest at 70k and Right Solutions was the lowest at 50k with 15% discount if I pay in cash.

Does anyone have any prior experience with Right Solutions? The price and discount are very attractive but the difference in price also makes me quite skeptical.

Just a reminder the difference in price is for broadly the same configuration.

Last edited:
OP
G

GeekDigitkaAccount

Ryzen 5 2600
GPU RX 580 8 GB
Motherboard - Flexible (Rs. 5000-6000 Range)
16 GB RAM
240 GB SSD
1 TB HDD
Cabinet Case
PSU 550 watts
Gaming mouse + keyboard
22" monitor

And for Prime ABGB it is around Rs. 70K to make.
But for Right Solutions they quoted around 50k with the discount (I wrote wrong in the previous post)

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^What is the exact model of items other than processor?You don't say "is 5lakh a good price for a car without mentioning which car".

OP
G

GeekDigitkaAccount

Ryzen 5 2600
GPU RX 580 8 GB
16 GB RAM
240 GB SSD
1 TB HDD
Cabinet Case
PSU 550 watts
Gaming mouse + keyboard
22" monitor
^^What is the exact model of items other than processor?You don't say "is 5lakh a good price for a car without mentioning which car".

That is the config.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
which gpu:asus,msi,sapphire
which mobo & model:msi,gigabyte,asus,B350,B450,A320
which ram & what frequency: corsair 3000mhz,gskill 3000mhz,adata 3000mhz,hyperx 3000mhz......
which ssd: WD green,WD blue,Adata SU650,Kingston A400,Samsung 860 Evo.....
which hdd:WD blue 7200rpm,Seagate
which cabinet case:corsair spec 01,corsair 100R,corsair spec alpha..........
which psu: I can get ultra cheap local Indian brand 550W psu for Rs.600 from my neighbourhood pc shop.
which gaming mouse+kb: same as above
which monitor: dell,asus,aoc,lg.......

Your post makes no sense at all if you really want to get suggestions.

OP
G

GeekDigitkaAccount

which gpu:asus,msi,sapphire
which mobo & model:msi,gigabyte,asus,B350,B450,A320
which ram & what frequency: corsair 3000mhz,gskill 3000mhz,adata 3000mhz,hyperx 3000mhz......
which ssd: WD green,WD blue,Adata SU650,Kingston A400,Samsung 860 Evo.....
which hdd:WD blue 7200rpm,Seagate
which cabinet case:corsair spec 01,corsair 100R,corsair spec alpha..........
which psu: I can get ultra cheap local Indian brand 550W psu for Rs.600 from my neighbourhood pc shop.
which gaming mouse+kb: same as above
which monitor: dell,asus,aoc,lg.......

Your post makes no sense at all if you really want to get suggestions.

Well I am going for mid tier stuff. Like 3000 for a psu. 1500-2000 for a laptop + mouse. Monitor around 6500-7000 range. Nothing too ultra premium neither cheaping out. I didn't specifically ask for the brands I asked them for a price basis a standard configuration which is above.

But the spirit of the question isn't to understand if Rs. 50000 is a good price for the PC or not. It's more like does anyone know about the store Right Solutions and their experiences dealing with them.

Even if I assume that PrimeABGB is giving me the costlier brands and Right Solutions are going for the cheaper brand does a 20k price difference make sense?

Again I am not sure about this but brandwise, the ones that you mentioned, I don't think they vary too much in terms of pricing. The local ones maybe cheap but I will continue myself to the brands that you mentioned. Not going local.

I assumed someone can explain how shop owners can state such drastically different quotes. Is there something that I am not seeing here?

Just for reference, I've made an excel with the quotes that I received. I've also added amazon's and mdcomputer's prices for comparison.

filehosting.org | Download | Computer Parts.xlsx

Last edited:

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
If it is a "genuinely imported product with proper GST bill" then price difference between same brand product won't be more than 10% for shops in same city/locality. It is clear that you have no background knowledge about pc parts so I suggest you to create a new thread in pc configuration section by filling this questionnaire first:
Asking for new PC help? ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS FIRST

OP
G

GeekDigitkaAccount

If it is a "genuinely imported product with proper GST bill" then price difference between same brand product won't be more than 10% for shops in same city/locality. It is clear that you have no background knowledge about pc parts so I suggest you to create a new thread in pc configuration section by filling this questionnaire first:
Asking for new PC help? ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS FIRST

Well, as I said, its not of the same brand, but its not no brand local stuff either.

So well what I was asking was if I am restricting myself to the named brands Gigabyte, MSI, Corsair etc etc. Then these are all decent brands. But is the price difference between so drastic as to warrant a 20k cut? I've added a link to an excel and if anyone is interested he/she can give me a sense if the prices from Right Solutions are plausible, or areas where they might be trying to go for sub par stuff.

Even I know that the difference shouldn't be more than 10%. Hence the question, is there something that I am missing. Or are such differences common. And I was also seeking feedback about the particular store if anyone else has dealt with them before and how was their experience.

And stop being condescending about this. The questions that you linked to me has no bearing on the question I am asking. I am asking for someone knowledgeable about prices to tell me if the prices I am being quoted are realistic, while the questionnaire asks me stuff about why I am buying a computer. And many of the questions are getting answered on its own with my explanations so far.

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: I don't need to answer this because I don't need your help on the config, I already told you the config.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: Budget is not an issue here, is the quoted price realistic? Is the issue here.

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: I know that Intels have K models for overclocking and for AMD all the processors are geared for overclocking. I know that in overclocking operations you need a better cooler since heat builds up at higher performance. But since I've not mentioned an external cooler in my build it'd be safe to assume I am not overclocking it.

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Not relevant to the question at hand.

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: Explained in the config.

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: Yes at Rs. 6500-7000 as I mentioned. Judging by the budget it is obvious that it wont be a 4k, but it'll be an HD 22" (which I also mentioned incidentally) 1920*1080 full HD. So if you had any idea about monitors you'd have guessed this.

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: I have clearly mentioned what I want to buy.

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: Yes.

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: I have built a desktop before but that was 11 years ago so I am not up-to-date with current prices.

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Mumbai, and yeah locally from Lamington road.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: Nope.

So yeah, all these basic questions were already there in the thread. And although you are a supermod and all, had you been a bit more helpful and spent more time trying to understand the issue instead of trying to find an opportunity to show me down, it would've been appreciated.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
And stop being condescending about this. The questions that you linked to me has no bearing on the question I am asking. I am asking for someone knowledgeable about prices to tell me if the prices I am being quoted are realistic, while the questionnaire asks me stuff about why I am buying a computer. And many of the questions are getting answered on its own with my explanations so far.

It's standard practice in this forum to answer the questionnaire that @whitestar_999 linked when buying any config.

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: I don't need to answer this because I don't need your help on the config, I already told you the config.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: Budget is not an issue here, is the quoted price realistic? Is the issue here.

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: I know that Intels have K models for overclocking and for AMD all the processors are geared for overclocking. I know that in overclocking operations you need a better cooler since heat builds up at higher performance. But since I've not mentioned an external cooler in my build it'd be safe to assume I am not overclocking it.

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Not relevant to the question at hand.

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: Explained in the config.

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: Yes at Rs. 6500-7000 as I mentioned. Judging by the budget it is obvious that it wont be a 4k, but it'll be an HD 22" (which I also mentioned incidentally) 1920*1080 full HD. So if you had any idea about monitors you'd have guessed this.

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: I have clearly mentioned what I want to buy.

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: Yes.

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: I have built a desktop before but that was 11 years ago so I am not up-to-date with current prices.

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Mumbai, and yeah locally from Lamington road.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: Nope.

So yeah, all these basic questions were already there in the thread. And although you are a supermod and all, had you been a bit more helpful and spent more time trying to understand the issue instead of trying to find an opportunity to show me down, it would've been appreciated.

C'mon man, no need to be salty when answering the questions. This is just standard practice.

No you haven't, except the CPU and GPU you have not mentioned the models of any other component, hell, even the GPU's exact model is unknown:

Ryzen 5 2600
GPU RX 580 8 GB
16 GB RAM
240 GB SSD
1 TB HDD
Cabinet Case
PSU 550 watts
Gaming mouse + keyboard
22" monitor

How can we advise you on anything without even knowing the make and model of what you are planning on buying? And if you want advice as to what components you want to buy, that does not look like its in the scope of this thread. It would be better for all of us if you make a new thread with proper answers to the questionnaire above.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom