Lagged online gameplay

Deadman

Journeyman
I am having 512kbps bsnl connection via wifi and recently started having lagged gameplay in cod 4. My ping is around 350 which is too much for online. Is it because of the rain that there is lag. Can ping be improved?

DVJex

In the zone
You say it's recent. So, just check your SNR and Attenuation values. If it's bad, you should get a line change. Also ping your router and see if there's a problem with the wifi.
AFAIK, rain doesnt matter since bsnl uses copper wire.

DVJex

In the zone
SNR and Attenuation depend on the line between you and the ISP. So resetting doesnt change much. It's likely your uploading is the problem.
And btw answer Digital Fragger.

asim595

Broken In
You should increase your internet speed or change the router to play the game online.

Last edited:
OP
D

Deadman

Journeyman
bsnl has notorious routing issues..

anyway what's the location of server?
Are you talking about the game server? Its not in india but there are many Indian players.
The max ping i see is 250 and in worst case 300 but mine is around 350-400
I dont know if i am poor in gaming but during close combats or moving targets i am always at the receiving end.

It is really important to know the location of the server. BSNL's routing is notorious for its traffic routing, do a traceroute to the server and see where the ping starts to build.

Top Bottom