KToon a liitle animation tool in Linux!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

vaithy

In the zone
For years I have tried and tried.. so people can use Linux instead of Windows.. evoke very little success to me.. My wife think I am mad.. because I am speaking nothing but Linux.. So I stopped to speak anyone about Linux for some time.. one day I was working on a small artwork... a child not more then 3 years come to my house(my neighbour's daughter).. after seeing what I doing in the screen she took the keyboard from me and wouldn,t leave the computer for long time .Her mother come and call her she wouldn't go with her her father come and she wouldn't go with him... I and my wife persuaded her.. Because she want to play with that application... it name is 'Tux paint' Her father has only windows xp but only Mspaint for that purpose... Her father asked me whether he can installed in his windows application.. I said no; only in Linux.. So after some time give him a dual booting with pclinuxOS and downloaded tuxpaint for him... Now their family is using only linux for music,video,and for the little one the Tuxpaint. This small victory is possible because of the 3 year old child!! so I am now counting children instead of grownup for spreading Linux.. so I am collecting and experimenting what the children may like in Linux.. multimedia and arts work.. this is the only reason I am searching for flash and animation application in Linux. First I tried with f4l but failed misserably to installed in any one of distro in my PC.. On my request one of the developers in Granular Linux make Rpm package and available to me thro their repo. While Testing it I found that the package is incomplete and the project closed already. An alternative UIRA flash project in linux also closed only just the time when I go to the site (on 05-01-08). then I found out about 'KToon' and marvelled the idea of this nice package for animation tool in Linux. I 've already report this facts to the Granular Linux team, now they are promising to include it in their repo in rpm format so i can test it.. definitely Granular Linux next release will include this marvelleous package..
here the shots links
*ktoon.toonka.com/gallery/d/16-2/arthury1.png
*ktoon.toonka.com/podium/crazything.mpg

ray|raven

Think Zen.
Regardless of what your intentions are,
quoting Windows and Linux together leads to one in this forum :p

Regards,
ray

OP
V

vaithy

In the zone
I don't intend any blame war here... my motive is to find out multimedia applications in Linux which are only few (f4l closed because they use the word flash and license sharks folded them).. Many applications stopped in mid way without any support even the concept is very good..
want to explore and exchange views on different multimedia applications such as f4l and Ktoon..
Users in the forum experimented many of the packages in various Opensources applications.. some one may bring more clarity about the packge that I posted here,

with regards
vaithy

ray|raven

Think Zen.
Um, Dude you missed a post.
Gary wrote a post citing Linux vs Windows,
and i wrote that posting telling him, not you.

Regards,
ray

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom