Kit for voice controlled robot

I need to build a voice controlled robot for my college project.

Thing is that most tutorials available in the internet deal with microcontrollers that are either not very readiy available in our country, or are very expensive.

Can someone please suggest a suitable way to build this with a kit that is available in India, and at the same time won't be too expensive (a couple of thousand of rupees is fine).

By the way, I am from West Bengal.

P.S. I am okay with buying from reputed online stores.

rohanz

Journeyman
I need to build a voice controlled robot for my college project.

Thing is that most tutorials available in the internet deal with microcontrollers that are either not very readiy available in our country, or are very expensive.

Can someone please suggest a suitable way to build this with a kit that is available in India, and at the same time won't be too expensive (a couple of thousand of rupees is fine).

By the way, I am from West Bengal.

P.S. I am okay with buying from reputed online stores.

Use an android phone to get the Voice commands, send it to arduino and program arduino to drive the motors. This IMO is the cheapest and the easiest way.
All the best!

quagmire

Allllright !
+1 to android.
Android already has a speech to text API. 99% of your job is done there. Go with a any basic microcontroller like arduino/MSP430/AVR/PIC to interpret to speech to robot motion.

Alternatively, if the above method seems very readymade and simple, you can use Raspberry Pi (2.5k available everywhere), write the code in LINUX to interpret speech.

If you're using a laptop download a speech to text s/w . Use bluetooth> MCU >Motors..

+1 to android.
Android already has a speech to text API. 99% of your job is done there. Go with a any basic microcontroller like arduino/MSP430/AVR/PIC to interpret to speech to robot motion.

Alternatively, if the above method seems very readymade and simple, you can use Raspberry Pi (2.5k available everywhere), write the code in LINUX to interpret speech.

If you're using a laptop download a speech to text s/w . Use bluetooth> MCU >Motors..

+1 to above methods

@OP : Are u from NIT DGP ?

Top Bottom