Kingston FURY DDR5 Review

Cyberghost

Federal Agent Area 51
Staff member
I got 2 sticks of 16GB Kingston FURY Beast DDR5 RAM clocked at 5200 MT/s.

Test Rig Configuration:

• CPU: Intel Core i9-12900K
  • Motherboard: MSI MAG Z690 Tomahawk WiFi (DDR5 variant)
  • Storage: Kingston FURY Renegade 2TB PCIe Gen4 x4 SSD
  • GPU: MSI GeForce RTX 3060 Ventus 2X OC
  • PSU: MSI A750GF 80+ Gold Modular Power Supply

Unboxing:
*i.imgur.com/k3kYLw3.jpg?1
*i.imgur.com/bP2nWXR.jpg?1

Introduction:

In late 2021 Intel launched their 12th gen processors with ddr5 support. However, in order to get the most from this new technology, DDR5 memory is a must needed to power the new architecture to deliver increased speeds and this is where the Kingston FURY Beast DDR5 comes into play with speed, performance, latency and power management.

As of now, Kingston has only released the FURY Beast DDR5 in memory configurations of either a single 16GB stick or a 32GB kit containing 2pcs of 16GB sticks. Frequencies on the Fury Beast DDR5 are limited to the base 4800MHz, 5200MHz, or 6000MHz with either CL38 or CL40 latency. My specific kit for the review is the Kingston FURY Beast 32GB(2x16GB) 5200MHZ kit.

Kingston FURY Beast DDR5 Specs
  1. Capacities Singles: 16GB Kit of 2: 32GB
  2. Frequencies: 4800MHz, 5200MHz, 6000MHz
  3. Latencies: CL38, CL40
  4. Voltage: 1.1V, 1.25V, 1.35V
  5. Operating Temperature: 0°C to 85°C
  6. Dimensions: 133.35mm x 34.9mm x 6.62mm

Review room conditions:
Atmospheric Temperature: 38 c
Humidity: 67%
No AC only fan is used

Professional Use test:
I tested the RAM on catia v5, ansys and autocad for professional use. On the test bench catia opens in 2 seconds faster than ddr4 predecessor. It shows an increase of 7-10% in all of the above apps. This ram ideal for professional use. However I find catia v5 get stuck for a second when moving a 3d object this may due to other hardware problems not a concern. I also tested with Maya to make a brief animation for a theme "traveling alone". DDR5 ram perform as expected gives a 4% increase than their ddr4 predecessor. Since this setup is a loan so I'm unable to test the setup in extreme condition in a jet engine testing lab all though I have access to it. Otherwise I could have put a detailed info how it performs in extreme heat and pressure conditions.

Gaming Test:
I tested Euro Truck simulator 2,Civilization 6,Dota 2, South Park: The Fractured but Whole, Watch dogs 2,Horizon zero dawn all in 1080p at their highest settings. Surprisingly all of the games perform much better than my own setup.

Top Bottom