Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey frens! Iv got 5 computers at my office. I wanted to keep a check on what $hit the employees do over the internet and also on what they do on the machines.
Tell me about a keylogger program which can run without the employees knowing... and which could keep a track on EVERY SINGLE MOVEMENT on the pc.

Please gimme good replies 'cause im getting completely screwed up by the internet access bills i get ... !

mohit

The Hardware Labs
try iopus 007 star from www.iopus.com ..... its not free though and u get a 30 days trial. it is a very good program with good capabilities and moniotrs every single stroke on the comp and saves screenshots as well.

also blazing tools perfect keylogger is another decent program.

beware the use of such stuff make make your antivirus program detect them as viruses.

google for free keyloggers and u may find them.

anandk

Distinguished Member
download home keylogger. its freeware. :)
*www.download.com/Home-Keylogger/3000-2092_4-10264521.html?tag=lst-0-3

but if you want the best, go for Systech's SpyAgent. i'v used it !
it'll tell you everthing ! :twisted:
visit : *www.spytech-web.com/spyagent.shtml or

visit www.download.com for more options.

anomit

In the zone
Nobody suggested this. Better use a physical keylogger. They are small electronic devices and will store thousands of typed info like site addresses. You can also use this trial one to see if its good. This is for IM monitoring

www.imsurfsentinel.com

Sourabh

Laptoping
try XPCSpy works great

has many other features too

it can even take screenshots after particular time duration and logs visited webites, programs installed and keystrokes typed

worth trying as it runs in background

but you have to disable the AV first

digen

Youngling
If I had to contribute my bit to this thread I seriously suggest framing some kind of a policy or imposing restrictions upon the usage of internet.
You aint paying them for using the internet are you?
Using a software such as a key-logger without intimation is seriously invasion of ones privacy & this holds greater advantage in office or corporate workspace.Its a different story that India cyber law is pathetic & a case will take ages if,if someone decides to take you to court.But to be on the safer side there are ways to handle this stuff.

Its a different story if you mentioned in the agreement that you can/will monitor internet usage & collect stats.Thats a different ball game altogether.

anupamsinha

Broken In
Agree with Digen on that. If in case a keylogger is really needed then the user/s should be told beforehand that keyloggers have been installed. I think that they have a right to privacy.

digen said:
You aint paying them for using the internet are you?
Using a software such as a key-logger without intimation is seriously invasion of ones privacy & this holds greater advantage in office or corporate workspace.Its a different story that India cyber law is pathetic & a case will take ages if,if someone decides to take you to court.

Dude, clearly mentioned that I was the employer and I was paying for the internet usage by them. If MY employees use MY resources for THEIR OWN uses, isn't THAT against the law? I do have the full right to be informed for what i am paying for.

Isn't it so Mr."Brainiac" aka digen??? :evil:

By the way, im using blazing tools perfect keylogger, which gives an option to display warning messages to the user. I HAVE enabled the option for each n every user.

I hope i am going against the "pathetic cyber laws" now ... aint i? :twisted:

digen

Youngling
Dude I think you totally lost me there.
I meant to say you aint paying them for using the internet for off-work activities like chatting,surfing.Instead you are paying them for WORK.
And you ought to know whats going on !
Anyways I just showed you both sides of the coin.

super_i_man

Broken In
No No never

Never do it. You will get stuck with privacy issues.

One more thing is that the data generated by a keylogger is very high. One day of comupter usage will make the log run up to 1 MB. Going through it is another pain in the neck. Plus it makes the computer run slow.

techiways

Broken In
if you ask me, i would never suggest an keylogger. Why?

1. Its an sick work to go through the log

2. Its not worth using it if you are trying to find if your emp visit (restricted) websites alone

I would suggest you to use an lan proxy and manage the access control (such as u can define which websites are allowed and which are to be banned.. Likewise usage of IM can also be restricted)

Moreover some proxies feature web based log which offer graphical interaface to view the user's action's and usage pattern such without hassle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom