Keyboard+ mouse+ DVD Writer+ WiFi Card <4-5k

Nipun

Whompy Whomperson
I am purchasing a new computer, but I need to purchase the following:
-Keyboard
-Mouse
-DVD Writer
-WiFi Card(Or whatever you call the device that can catch the signals of WiFi)
-Any other thing I may need(because I am unable to think of them currently)

I will use the computer to: Play games, watch movies and do programming.

Keyboard: I need a keyboard that is.... um... just perfect for typing. I have seen many keyboards, and only my current(on laptop) is "the perfect". In some keyboards I have to press the keys very hard to type, so either I have to slow down or miss some letters :))

Mouse: It doesn't matter much... maybe because I haven't used any better mouse yet.... I dont even need a very-good mouse, do I? :p

DVD Writer: I want a DVD Writer with very fast speed, because sometimes while writing or reading some disks my current drive gets very slow, so I am worried about this!

WiFi Card: It doesn't matter really, but a question: does the WiFi cards(in general) also have bluetooth with them(as in laptops)?

Anyother thing that a computer (or I) need as I am currently unable to think of these items(Infact I earlier even forgot that a computer has keyboard :p )

Price: Since its already about 40k+ on computer, I dont want to spend very much. So, for all the accessories and speakers, I will have about 8k-9k, from which I will only give 4k-5k to accessory part :grin: Oh, and maybe the budget is too high or low for accessories, since I dont know what they usually cost....

Last edited:

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Keyboard: TVSE Gold : 1,200/-
Mouse: Just pick whatever you like from Logitech/Microsoft: 400-500/-
DVD Writer: Sony: 900/-
Wifi Card: no. wifi and bluetooth are different. in a laptop too, both are different modules. check these for wifi:

Adapters
Wireless Network Adapter -Draft N ― Lynx - The Audio , Electronics And Computer Online Store In India

D-Link DWA-556 is a superb 802.11n PCI card with superb n/w reception. It might cost around 3k though.

OP
Nipun

Nipun

Whompy Whomperson
Keyboard: TVSE Gold : 1,200/-
Mouse: Just pick whatever you like from Logitech/Microsoft: 400-500/-
DVD Writer: Sony: 900/-
Wifi Card: no. wifi and bluetooth are different. in a laptop too, both are different modules. check these for wifi:

Adapters
Wireless Network Adapter -Draft N ― Lynx - The Audio , Electronics And Computer Online Store In India

D-Link DWA-556 is a superb 802.11n PCI card with superb n/w reception. It might cost around 3k though.

Thanks, I have currently "just seen" those links but I will check them again when I have enough time :p

BTW, is the keyboard you suggested really good? I was looking at its review and in conclusion it said:
For the street price of Rs. 1,300/- this one is certainly not a value proposition and is meant strictly for those who prefer mechanical over membrane keyboards. With multimedia keyboards from good brands available for under Rs. 600/-, the price-performance ratio for the TVS Gold takes a serious hit.
:sad:

BTW, isn't there any keyboard under my price range that has some multimedia keys or programmable keys too?:unsure:

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Mechanical keyboards are the best when it comes to typing and they live long, really really long. I type very fast and nothing comes close to these mechanical keyboads and the sound they make on key press is like music to my ears. And yes, it's totally worth the price tag. Also check Gigabyte's multimedia mechanical keyboard like this one:
GIGABYTE - Media - News - Keyboard

techking_dinesh

Digit Squad Member
If only only typing then TVSE Gold as suggested.
If u want some multimedia , gaming features too
Microsoft sidewinder X4 - Rs.2000/-
U can get any Logitech / MS Wired mouse starting Rs.450/- and wireless ones starting Rs.800/-
Speakrs: Logitech Z313 = Rs.1500/-
or
Altec Lansing VS2621 = Rs.1600/-

Dvd Writer : Sony , Lg , Asus 24X = Rs.1050

Wifi and bluetooth r different

Bluetooth Dongle : rs.100 / - ( Local ones , 10m range , use and throw , its worth it !! )

OP
Nipun

Nipun

Whompy Whomperson
If only only typing then TVSE Gold as suggested.
If u want some multimedia , gaming features too
Microsoft sidewinder X4 - Rs.2000/-
U can get any Logitech / MS Wired mouse starting Rs.450/- and wireless ones starting Rs.800/-
Speakrs: Logitech Z313 = Rs.1500/-
or
Altec Lansing VS2621 = Rs.1600/-

Dvd Writer : Sony , Lg , Asus 24X = Rs.1050

Wifi and bluetooth r different

Bluetooth Dongle : rs.100 / - ( Local ones , 10m range , use and throw , its worth it !! )

I dont want it for only typing. I will be playing many games on it too(its a gaming rig LOL).

Logitech z313 are 2.1, right? If so then Speakers + DVD Writer + Mouse = around 3k. So, about 5k left! From this, 2k to the WiFi Card.

For 3k can I get something like Logitech G110 :))?. I checked that keyboard and it looks awesome, but I was unable to find its current price.
Or is there any other similar keyboard?

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
It's even better for gaming. The response time on a mechanical k/b is much better. do check that gigabyte's mechanical k/b and Razer blackwidow. with macros, they should be perfect for you.

techking_dinesh

Digit Squad Member
I have ordered a new rig ,
i have ordered d Logitech g110 , its for rs.3450/- available ay my place inclusive of everything. i can give u personal experience on it after a week

** i m too eager for it **

Top Bottom