Kaspersky slows down PC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

navjotjsingh

Wise Old Owl
Kaspersky slowed down my system as it continously scans the disk and i could not stop the scan even after completely disabling its scheduler.

How can i stop its scanning continously my disk. It scans all the time and due to this my normal work and games are interrupted. This bugs me up.

Thanx in advance.

anandk

Distinguished Member
even i was unable to disable the real-time scan; and it too slowed down my pc. hence i uninstalled it.

perhaps, one cant totally disable the real-time scan options in kaspersky, unlike avast or avg or quikheal or bitdefender... :?

shwetanshu

Cyborg Agent
My system showed Windows is starting Up screen for more than one minute and then displayed logon screen, even then it was not working properly. It slows down the system to the minimum

djmykey

Let the music play.....
just right click on the k icon and select disable real time protection it should get off. tell me how much ram u got coz kaspersky needs lotsa ram.

aadipa

Padawan
KAV needs atleast 512 MB to run PC at usable speed. This is not official amount of RAM but that is what I figured out while trying it.

Also KAV needs lot of time when u access folders with large files in it. (I have made setup of some huge applications with Ghost Installer, each ranging 100MB - 1.5GB, and the folder has around 15 such files. I simple couldn't access that folder with KAV on 256MB :D so I switched to NOD32)

saROMan

QA Juggler
well its true Kav needs more RAM ..but I ddnt find any difficulty w my 256MB .....if u think it scans constantly then as djmykey told u ..just disable it from the K Icon in the task bar(Click Disable REal time protection and Not Exit)...well have tryed all the God Damn AV ...and finally found Kav the Best (even better than NOD)..so if u want the Best..then it comes at a Price ...:)

whoopy_whale

Journeyman
I have 256MB RAM an KAV works just fine.I have set the real time protection to minimum.When it was at the recommended limit,system was really slow.Now it sems fine but when I open folders with lot of files,it takes some time to open it.

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
navjotjsingh i had this same problem with win 9x based systems.... but in 2k, xp their is a option to reduce the amount of file to be scaned... which will make KAV to scan only critical services & few boot, system files.. at start up...

& in 9x u have to cancle the full system scan in everry reboot manualy....

ashisharya

In the zone
I have also dumped Kaspersky to my Norton 2005. It has many features like Internet Worm Protection, Auto-Protect and it detects also keyloggers, malwares, spywares, adwares, dialers, hack tools and remote access softwares. NAV is above all above AVs.

hpotter606

Journeyman
saurav_cheeta said:
potter said:
Kav slowed down my PC too. Now i have switched back to NAV 2005.

man u r the 1st guy i ever saw who dumped KAV for NAV.....

Slowing down of PC is only one thing. I dont have the key for KAV whereas i have 1 year liscence for NAV.

saROMan

QA Juggler
ashisharya said:
I have also dumped Kaspersky to my Norton 2005. It has many features like Internet Worm Protection, Auto-Protect and it detects also keyloggers, malwares, spywares, adwares, dialers, hack tools and remote access softwares. NAV is above all above AVs.

wel all the features r in KAV also + it detects if the Webpage contains some Melicious Code or not...donn belive me ..go to any crack d/l site like mscracks/freeserials etc NAV will never show any error..but KAV will promptly tell u that the HTML file is blocked coz it is infected with XXXXXXX ..... etc also its 75% less Resource Hungry that NAV ...Boon for pple with Old Comps.....

also hpotter606 ...how many pple do u think Buy the Products they use ?? ;)

ashisharya

In the zone
i use a pirated NAV 2005 and to my knowledge Norton is above all AVs. KAV has very slow speed of scanning the computer.

djmykey

Let the music play.....
Hmm anyways I tried to help. U know u must use whatever av u like or works for you. Anyways adi my kav works fine on 384 mb ram. all default settings i dunno 512 mb ram hmmmm thanks m8 u reminded me i gotta buy 512 mb ram thanks cya

hpotter606

Journeyman
saROMan said:
ashisharya said:

wel all the features r in KAV also + it detects if the Webpage contains some Melicious Code or not...donn belive me ..go to any crack d/l site like mscracks/freeserials etc NAV will never show any error..but KAV will promptly tell u that the HTML file is blocked coz it is infected with XXXXXXX ..... etc also its 75% less Resource Hungry that NAV ...Boon for pple with Old Comps.....

also hpotter606 ...how many pple do u think Buy the Products they use ?? ;)

Who said i bought it :wink: :wink:

I mean i c***ked it!!! 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom