Karateka Returns Discussion Thread

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
*static.giantbomb.com/uploads/scale_small/9/93770/2363157-cover.png

Prince of Persia creator Jordan Mechner’s 8-bit karate classic returns with all-new graphics and innovative gameplay.

HD Remake
Xbox 360: November 7, 2012
Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 3: November 2012
iOS: December 2012

Official Website: Karateka | The 8-bit classic returns, from Prince of Persia creator Jordan Mechner.

Trailer:

[YOUTUBE]6pDy-CSFsPs[/YOUTUBE]

Screenshots:

*images.stopgame.ru/screenshots/12980/720/karateka_2012-18.jpg

*karateka.com/img/screens/screenshot6.jpg

OP
Zangetsu

Zangetsu

^The Game Story is pretty simple just like Super Mario Bros or Legend of Kage
Graphics is cell-shaded :mrgreen:

OP
Zangetsu

Zangetsu

Completed this game

My Rating: 6.5/10

This game is short..& I mean very very short (u can complete it in less than 30mins if u r a pro fighter in games offcourse :mrgreen:)
Graphics is Marvelous thanks to Unreal Engine.Textures are sharp, Environment is beautifully designed...Sun lights,winds,falling leaves,water etc (even though its Cell-Shaded Graphics)
Sound is also good....Background music is old Chinese style type and also helps u in fight (u will have to play it to know why I'm saying this ;))
Gameplay is simple and fun to play and though its repetitive but u won't complain becoz u will complete it within 30mins.Still the gameplay feels like Temple Run and then Fight.
The best part I liked is the Blocking and if u want to learn timing in blocking then this game is for u to try so basically u Block...Hit...Block..Hit
Collecting Chi energy and using special moves helps a lot in Harder fights (and yeah the more u go ahead the more it gets tougher :-D)
There are 3 Characters to play with 3 Endings in this game (surprising isn't it even for 30mins game).

Overall a nice game to Njoy after so many years of old classic "Karateka"

Top Bottom