K3b enters new era with approaching 1.0 release

Status
Not open for further replies.

eddie

El mooooo
One of free software's premier applications, KDE's CD and DVD burning suite K3b, is about to hit the big 1-0. The new release represents a level of feature-completeness and stability that surpasses all previous K3b releases and, perhaps, all free software competitors.
Trueg refers to K3b 1.0's reworked interface as "media-centric." In past K3b releases, users were presented with a "device-centric" interface, where tasks were executed in terms of devices such as CD-RW or DVD-R drives. For instance, to copy an audio CD, a user might have had to specify a source device as obscure as "NEC DVD_RW ND-3540A" (the optical drive with the source CD) and something equally cryptic as the output device. With the new interface, K3b attempts to present these options to users in a more understandable fashion, so that the source medium is "Audio CD" and the burn medium is "Empty CD-R medium." The media-centric interface is a benefit of K3b's new MediaCache, a feature which keeps track of the media in each optical drive.
Source: linux.com

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
That is great. I hope K3B can really match to what Nero in Windows environment, soon enough. But, at the same time it shouldn't hopefully bloat like nero, just provide needed functionalities.

subratabera

Just another linux lover.
tech_your_future said:
That is great. I hope K3B can really match to what Nero in Windows environment, soon enough. But, at the same time it shouldn't hopefully bloat like nero, just provide needed functionalities.
True...

caleb

Ambassador of Buzz
That is good news...but is there any open source software on linux platform that can match Nero currently? I ask that question coz I rip DVD's from ripdvd in linux and than go back to my Nero in XP to transcode and burn the same. But I'd prefer if there was an easier way in linux itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom