Just to check if this forum is Unicode Compliant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aijaz Akhtar

Journeyman
?? ??? ?? ?????? ??? ??? ??? ???? ??? ?? ?? ??? ?? ???? ??????? ?? ?????? ???? ?? ?? ???? ??? ??? ??????? ?? ??? ??? ?? ????? ?? ??? ?? ?? ?? ???? ?????? ?????? ?? ??? ????? ?? ?? ????

GNUrag

FooBar Guy
Aijaz Akhtar said:
No it doesn't.

तो फिर ये कैसे चला ???

You were just playing a prank.. weren't you?? If you dunno, then read this:
Post in hindi in digit forum

I am using GNOME with locales configures with guj, dev, mal, bn languages

OP
A

Aijaz Akhtar

Journeyman
Then why I am unable to get Hindi or Urdu when I have ben using it in Gmail and Google Groups. And my browser FireFox with default UTF-8 encoding gets all Unicode text all right.
????

GNUrag

FooBar Guy
Aijaz Akhtar said:
Then why I am unable to get Hindi or Urdu when I have ben using it in Gmail and Google Groups. And my browser FireFox with default UTF-8 encoding gets all Unicode text all right.
????
Windows right??
I have no probs with the same browser as your's and same encoding in GNOME..

vignesh

Wise Old Owl
Maybe he posted it here so he can increase his post count as posting in general section does not count.So childish

OP
A

Aijaz Akhtar

Journeyman
I agree it was my mistake. Having posted two messages in this foru,. I forgot to switch forum and posted it here. Satisfied Mr. Hot Blood? BTW I am an old man of 55.

OP
A

Aijaz Akhtar

Journeyman
I have been able to write in Urdu, created Google groups that fully support Unicode Urdu (Check e.g. *groups-beta.google.com/group/Sher-o-Adab and *groups-beta.google.com/group/UrduComputing) and I never felt any problem. But in my other highly active Yahoo group *groups.yahoo.com/urdu_computing/ we all tested and concluded that Yahoo server does not fully support Unicode Urdu.
I have created Swara and Sautee, the two phonetic keyboards (that when I sent to Digit for the CD/DVD, they did not respond) that I use, and select the language from the language bar. And this exercise is failing in case of Digit forum. Why?????

tuXian

In the zone
yes lots of digit readers who have urdu as their mother tongue,l I know about 150 of them in Hyderabad alone but alas they arent the members of the forum. It would b gr8 if digit implements your urdu support if its compatible.

OP
A

Aijaz Akhtar

Journeyman
Now I tried Urdu as well here. When I typed, it showed LTR, not RTL, but in the preview, it remains question marks. I tried to change the FireFox encoding to UTF-7 and 16 too but no change???[/code]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom