Jio network stopped working in Redmi Note 9 Pro

srdigit16

In the zone
OS: Android 11 MIUI 12.5.1. Initially I had issue of call immediately ended as soon as I dialled, sometimes no sound after dialling, not correctly receiving the connect and hangup signal from the callee, now showing as in image. I also tried with another Jio SIM. But the same SIM is working on 9 prime running Android 11 MIUI 12.5.1 & Airtel SIM is working on my device.
*uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210918/e1565a888a06eb1fe3781ae9e6873416.jpg

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 345628

I am using Xiaomi Redmi 5 , I had no ad issues unless am using the File Manager or Music App . I just hated the UI and some apps need special permissions like removing battery optimization in order for them to work properly .

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan
Well it's a matter of personal choice. I always say being an adult whatever you feel right is good for you.
I got one and decided not to buy another one. Got fed up with disabling options at multiple places. Also am not interested in custom roms etc.

OP
S

srdigit16

In the zone
OS: Android 11 MIUI 12.5.1. Initially I had issue of call immediately ended as soon as I dialled, sometimes no sound after dialling, not correctly receiving the connect and hangup signal from the callee, now showing as in image. I also tried with another Jio SIM. But the same SIM is working on 9 prime running Android 11 MIUI 12.5.1 & Airtel SIM is working on my device.*uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210918/e1565a888a06eb1fe3781ae9e6873416.jpg
Edit: found that only calls are working in Airtel SIM. Mobile data is selecting Edge even though 4G is working with this airtel SIM on other devices.
It seems that there is issue with network ic in my device.

Sent from my Redmi Note 9 Pro using Tapatalk

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan
Nokia phones have stock Android under ₹15000 but they have old slow processors which ruins the advantage of stock Android.

i know that sir that is why i haven't purchased any Nokia model in recent times. Motorola has something similar with good processors like G40 Fusion / G60 / Edge 20 Fusion / Edge 20.
current company manufacturing Nokia models is going down the same path. instead of coming out with competitive models, they want to encash old Nokia Reputation but unfortunately these chinese companies has ruined the entire market so most of the people specially under 35 run after processor power only. unfortunately i am not one of them as i am not a gamer so my Moto G5S Plus still serves me very well. thanks.

OP
S

srdigit16

In the zone
i know that sir that is why i haven't purchased any Nokia model in recent times. Motorola has something similar with good processors like G40 Fusion / G60 / Edge 20 Fusion / Edge 20.
current company manufacturing Nokia models is going down the same path. instead of coming out with competitive models, they want to encash old Nokia Reputation but unfortunately these chinese companies has ruined the entire market so most of the people specially under 35 run after processor power only. unfortunately i am not one of them as i am not a gamer so my Moto G5S Plus still serves me very well. thanks.
So you mean Motorola phones under ₹15000 are a balance of good hardware and software?

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan
i thought you liked miui stock rom lol.

i have used only one miui based phone and decided not to use till xiaomi cleans it up which will never happen as they have noticed super intelligent customers here who start salivating at redmi specs at throwaway prices without understanding their requirements. it reminds me of a colleague who always wanted latest ahem version of MS office on his office computer. once i asked what will you do with it when you just type letters / slightly formatted text matter only which can be done on MS Office 4.3 running on Windows 3.1 GUI environment running on MS DOS. he was so offended that he didn't talk to me for a week.
asked another one something similar when he asked for the latest version of Photoshop that i was using on someone else's laptop (she was into graphics designing so had a lot of similar licensed software) and he too was offended. all the needs of this guy could have been fulfilled with MS Paint.
there are many more similar experiences like these and same is the case with people buying phone models.
last year when i was looking for a new computer parts, i was ready to buy AMD 3600 with GPU but SaiyanGoku wrote the following and i bought 3400G only. it is serving me well.
Untitled.jpg

So you mean Motorola phones under ₹15000 are a balance of good hardware and software?

its a matter of personal choice sir. for someone a maruti 800 is sufficient for another Toyota Innova while for someone else it could be Mahindra Thar and someone known to me likes and bought Jeep Compass. so it is dependent upon a person's requirements, personal choice and ultimately budget or how much that person wants to / can spend.
i am not a gamer and rarely play only that jumping animal game on flipkart game zone so a 4 year old Motorola G5S Plus is still serving me well. There are at least 4 more happy people who are using the same model and all of them are using it only for facebook, whatsapp and court apps. There are 2 people using Nokia 7.2 for these same apps.
2 people known to me have recently bought Motorola Edge 20 for its UI though they will be changing it within 1-2 years.
if i have to choose under 15000, i would definitely buy G40 Fusion specially for its clean UI but also for decent SD732G based specs for my usage.
thanks.

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.
super intelligent customers here who start salivating at redmi specs at throwaway prices without understanding their requirements.

Not only this, afterwards they cry that Xiaomi only earns 5% profit in a product, the company is so good and caring whereas apple is looting customer etc.etc. but don't understand that they serve ads which help them earn more than that. These companies like realme and Xiaomi has made literal fanbois who are not ready to accept any kind of reasoning and only cry that the cheap is best. They do marketing for free for Xiaomi and realme. Otherwise who wud give a f*** to a brand who uses some dingo pingo as it's mascot. Or like poco which uses some sort of devil like Onida did. (Although Onida implemented it in a better way, poco just seems like showing the real face of very good chinese cough ccp cough army

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan
Not only this, afterwards they cry that Xiaomi only earns 5% profit in a product, the company is so good and caring whereas apple is looting customer etc.etc. but don't understand that they serve ads which help them earn more than that. These companies like realme and Xiaomi has made literal fanbois who are not ready to accept any kind of reasoning and only cry that the cheap is best. They do marketing for free for Xiaomi and realme. Otherwise who wud give a f*** to a brand who uses some dingo pingo as it's mascot. Or like poco which uses some sort of devil like Onida did. (Although Onida implemented it in a better way, poco just seems like showing the real face of very good chinese cough ccp cough army
i have seen almost everyone doing this in xiaomi official forum and 4 years back when i mentioned the issue of ADs, fanboys jumped at me like rabit dogs yelling expletives. a lot of them said it only uses a little internet but i am getting so much at this price which i couldn't afford then what is the harm?

i then asked all big youtubers including geekyranjit, tracking tech, technicalguruji etc. to take up this matter but they all were praising like xiaomi hai to mumkin hai types.

one intelligent youtuber recently gave the example of xiaomi that it is only because of xiaomi we are seeing reduction in prices. basically he made it into a Jio Vs. bsnl when i asked him why he has not included BSNL in the list of choices in a poll of what sim people are using. he then said what is the point of including one like aircel which is dead. i told him sir it is alive and kicking not dead and just ask how many people are using it. he praised jio so much that it is only because of jio we are seeing reduced prices. this guy teaches in some college. i don't want to think what he is doing with the students.

how many can i quote, there are too many examples.
thanks.

D

Deleted member 345628

only cry that the cheap is best.
well i think it's a win-win issue . those people are not gonna buy stuff by watching ads anyways . And people buy those phones for its ease of usage and they get accustomed to the UI . Its hard for those people to learn the UI again , its kinda like a windows user trying to learn linux . You and I think its no biggie . But irl , my dad has always used VIVO because he liked it and when he once tried to use my Pixel ROM , he was confused where the home screen was (scroll up) .
miui and vivo roms are ease to use

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan
well i think it's a win-win issue . those people are not gonna buy stuff by watching ads anyways . And people buy those phones for its ease of usage and they get accustomed to the UI . Its hard for those people to learn the UI again , its kinda like a windows user trying to learn linux . You and I think its no biggie . But irl , my dad has always used VIVO because he liked it and when he once tried to use my Pixel ROM , he was confused where the home screen was (scroll up) .
miui and vivo roms are ease to use
easy to use is a subjective matter friend. it also depends upon a person's ability to learn plus willingness to learn. my elder brother's mother-in-law, a 74 year old lady had some printer issue. i solved it & told her. she took out her notebook and asked me what was it and how you have solved it? please teach me so that she can do it on her own. my elder sister on the other hand asks me to resolve any issue and never asks what was the issue. she is ready to learn any new work / area in legal field but not computers. a colleague when given a laptop asked me to configure it in such a manner that everything that is there on hdd in different drives C to F goes to the laptop in the same manner so that he doesn't need to apply his brains in it. (these were his words)
imho it depends upon that person so i never generalize specially for miui from which an old lady was so furious along with her son who bought it for her as it was showing obscene ads (some 3 years back). she asked me to get a new one and sell it for whatever i can get. got her a samsung and she was happy.

D

Deleted member 345628

Ummm.. True that , but the generalizing is for most of the rural indian people that I have drawn from my personal experience .

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan
and from what i have been seeing on twitter, i started feeling that day by day, rural people are becoming more smart. no generalization any where. :smile:

Top Bottom