Jio Giga Fiber, Giga TV from August 15 th

meetdilip

Computer Addict
4K streaming is promised through Giga Fiber 1Gbps Giga TV set top box and voice activated remote. It say that Indian languages can be used for voice commands

First in 1,100 cities, along with voice over WiFi which allow video conferencing between TVs, tablets and phones.

Anyone knows which all cities ? They said registration through MyJio app

Any mention about the price ?

chimera201

Wise Old Owl
Is there an official site for Jio fiber? Seeing lots of fake websites sucessfully getting ad revenue.

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
JiO has confirmed all the info. (JiO Giga Fiber,etc,)to be on 15th of August .
We may be able to register also.
But I apprehend,that initially there will be a steep price tag on installation charges.
Though monthly rental would be much cheaper.

chetansha

In the zone
I have jio fibre at home, installed 6 mth back. Paid them 4500/- refundable deposit . 0 monthly charges till date. Don't know how much they will charge now.

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

billubakra

Conversation Architect
I have jio fibre at home, installed 6 mth back. Paid them 4500/- refundable deposit . 0 monthly charges till date. Don't know how much they will charge now.

What's the bandwidth? And which router come set top box are they using?

Just disconnected my 10 year old SHITtel broadband connection. Pathetic customer support.

chetansha

In the zone
This is what they have given to me . speed 40 to 100 mbps. Waiting for tv set top box now.*uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180708/4ef00f721993d3c602d7c41c42e9c243.jpg

OP
meetdilip

meetdilip

Computer Addict
Router and set top box are going to cost a good amount of money. They might give some refund of it through monthly charges. Just my guess.

kg11sgbg

Whan this thing available in Eastern Part of India i,e Kolkata?
Most likely from 15th August onwards...

@cheransha ,you are not getting the promised speed of 1Gbps!!!
Even my Alliance Broadband connection is providing 80Mbps speeds onto my PRIME+ Plan.
So,what is the use???????????????????

chetansha

In the zone
It is up to 1gbps na ? And what the hell man, what does one do with that kinda speed .
What I get is decent for 4 member at home and torrent downloading.

kg11sgbg

It is up to 1gbps na ? And what the hell man, what does one do with that kinda speed .
What I get is decent for 4 member at home and torrent downloading.

If you are satisfied,thenno problem.
What I meant is that Jio committed/promised to deliver 1Gbps speed minimum as a start,as per their Jio Giga Fiber Broadband Internet launch.
So why not keep up to the promise?

Though You may be the lucky ones who are enjoying the trial period of Jio Giga Fiber(as it is FREE- monthly rental),in that case no issues arises...

Regarding your satisfiability of 40~100Mbps speed. WE HUMANS ARE NEVER SATISFIED DUE TO OUR NATURE .The day you will experience 1Gbps speed,YOU WILL NEVER REVERT BACK TO THE 40~100Mbps slow and meagre speed of the Broadband internet.

Few years back, 2Mbps was a DECENT and POWERFUL speed we used to cherish through BSNL/MTNL/Tata/Airtel,etc. ISP's.
Now private Cable Broadband companies(ACT,HATHAWAY,ALLIANCE,etc.) has raised the bar of bare minimum to 100Mbps according to decent budget,that won't cost you a fortune.
Such,aspect drove me out from BSNL BB to a loyal customer of ALLIANCE BB.

Jio is all set to revolutonize that...

Last edited:

billubakra

Conversation Architect
If you are satisfied,thenno problem.
What I meant is that Jio committed/promised to deliver 1Gbps speed minimum as a start,as per their Jio Giga Fiber Broadband Internet launch.
So why not keep up to the promise?

Though You may be the lucky ones who are enjoying the trial period of Jio Giga Fiber(as it is FREE- monthly rental),in that case no issues arises...

Regarding your satisfiability of 40~100Mbps speed. WE HUMANS ARE NEVER SATISFIED DUE TO OUR NATURE .The day you will experience 1Gbps speed,YOU WILL NEVER REVERT BACK TO THE 40~100Mbps slow and meagre speed of the Broadband internet.

Few years back, 2Mbps was a DECENT and POWERFUL speed we used to cherish through BSNL/MTNL/Tata/Airtel,etc. ISP's.
Now private Cable Broadband companies(ACT,HATHAWAY,ALLIANCE,etc.) has raised the bar of bare minimum to 100Mbps according to decent budget,that won't cost you a fortune.
Such,aspect drove me out from BSNL BB to a loyal customer of ALLIANCE BB.

Jio is all set to revolutonize that...

One can't complain when something is free, right? Agree about the speed part. I was happy with my 8mbps plan as higher plans were out of budget. Don't know whether I will be able to afford Jio or not.
Waiting for Jio to fck the shit out of SHITtel.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
I am happy with Excitel. But that's because I had stopped playing MP games. Since pings and stability are still s#!t. So I am more excited for a seemingly happy and good pings, rather than high speeds.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
I am happy with Excitel. But that's because I had stopped playing MP games. Since pings and stability are still s#!t. So I am more excited for a seemingly happy and good pings, rather than high speeds.
Yes, Excitel is good both in speed & consistency.
Toady Jio executives came and were pleading to take the different plans according to my need but I refused and said that I am happy with ACT but will take BSNL 777 plan in future.

They are saying that Jio Fibre delivers 100MBPS without any loss of signal.
100MBPS until 500 +250 data with FUP @ 1MBPS @ 1.4k
50MBPS until 200 +200GB data with FUP 1MBPS @ 1k
Are they telling the truth because I never used Jio FBB.

But I will go with BSNL if they come at all.
Even ACT, Airtel, BSNL are far more better than JIO BB.
Jio is lynching customers I think.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
If anything I wouldn't want the broadband market to go the route of telecom, after Jio took over.
Which would mean, after Jio capitalizes the broadband market, everyone increasing the prices.

chimera201

Wise Old Owl
What a flop JioFiber is

*www.bloombergquint.com/business/re...-base-drops-for-the-first-time-in-five-months

Capture.PNG

kg11sgbg

It is much better to stick with local Cable Broadband as ACT,Meghbela,Hathway,Alliance,etc....to name a few.
JiO ultimately suckssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom