Jio Airfiber speed issue

quicky008

Technomancer
Someone i know has subscribed to 100 Mbps plan of jio airfiber recently. After installation,he is getting close to 100 Mbps speed (typically around 70-80 Mbps) via wifi on his mobile,but on his PC,he is experiencing much slower speeds (around 20-40 Mbps).

The pc doesn't have built in wifi-thus he is using a tp link nano wifi adapter (that supports upto 150 Mbps) to connect to the jio router via wifi.

What could be the cause of slower speeds on his pc? Is it due to the wifi adapter? Will replacing it with a better adapter give him higher speeds?If yes,which one should he go for?

OP
quicky008

quicky008

Technomancer
my friend says he wants to buy a secondary router as jio's router is pretty abysmal in terms of features and most settings are not configurable,thus offering very limited control over the router.He would connect the 2nd router to jio router via lan cable,then connect his devices to this router via wifi.

Out of these 2,which would be the better choice?

*www.amazon.in/gp/product/B07GVR9TG7/ref=ewc_pr_img_1?smid=AJ6SIZC8YQDZX&psc=1

*www.amazon.in/dp/B095K48F52?psc=1&smid=AJ6SIZC8YQDZX&ref_=chk_typ_imgToDp

Both of them are similarly priced,but the second one appears to be a newer model and features something called "beam forming".

Issue is the 2.4GHz receiver which ain't good.

I bought this for 4.5k about 2.5 years back, can consider this during sale:
www.amazon.in/TP-Link-Archer-AX10-Triple-Core-Wireless/dp/B07YP3T5H7

Honestly speaking, ask your friend to disconnect air fibre & get a wired broadband. Air fibre is just a fancy 5G receiver, so latency will be higher & higher chances of service disruption, speed & latency fluctutions.

OP
quicky008

quicky008

Technomancer
he had considered getting wired bb before opting for this so called air fiber (which is costlier)-however there aren't many options available at where he lives(apart from bsnl,which has poor service and cable broadband,which he wants to avoid due to the mafia like attitude of their local cable operators).Jio Fiber would have been a cheaper option,but that too isn't available there.

Can you suggest which one would be better out of the 2 i listed earlier-he says he has ordered the c64 ac1200-would that be a good choice or should he cancel the order?

he had considered getting wired bb before opting for this so called air fiber (which is costlier)-however there aren't many options available at where he lives(apart from bsnl,which has poor service and cable broadband,which he wants to avoid due to the mafia like attitude of their local cable operators).Jio Fiber would have been a cheaper option,but that too isn't available there.

Can you suggest which one would be better out of the 2 i listed earlier-he says he has ordered the c64 ac1200-would that be a good choice or should he cancel the order?
Cancel, apparently it does not have gigabit LAN ports

Other one seems to have gigabit ports. You keep a router for years, so better buy a gigabit one, or even better buy the WiFi6 one (realistically you can't see improvement vs WiFi5, so take your call).

Top Bottom