Jerky DVD movies...

Status
Not open for further replies.

jitenmohapatra

Right off the assembly line
Dear friends,
on playing dvd movies , i find the sound comes first marginally ahead of video playing....and it can be noticed on being very attentive. well and the video is JERKY TOO.

WHAT IS THE POSSIBLE PROBLEM?

my machine cofiguration is

VIA 82c 596B CHIPSET motherboard (P6 BAT Me) 133 bus speed
P3 600 MHz Processor
512 L2 CACHE Memory
128 MB SDRAM
SiS 6326 AGP 4MB Video Card
DVD SM352N 2MB memory combo drive.....samsung (remember, now samsung is packing it with 8 MB memory)

what may be the possible problem?
my moniter seems to behave okay it is 14 inch 60 hz refresh rate and works well in true colour or high colour...

please guide...

sailendra

Journeyman
possibly you are using a pirated dvd version of the movie - which has these audio and video synch problem. Or the problem could be a missing codec. :)

OP
J

jitenmohapatra

Right off the assembly line
no mr.sailendra i have used a dozen of original DVDs too .....the problem remains ..dont assume i use pirated or poor DVDs ...

Possibly your display card cannot keep up with the speed of the display - if you are running display at 24 or 32 bit reduce this to 16 bit and see if it makes a difference.

This change has to be made in controlpanel/display/settings under the colour quality option.

NikhilVerma

Padawan
You can't view DVD movies correctly if you don't have a good video card...
A 4MB will not do...

That's what I think...

theraven

Technomancer
exactly
u just dun have enuff juuice to work them right
and ofcouse make sure u have the latest codecs .. but thats not the point here

SouvikSinha

Broken In
Jiten,
If you are facing the problem with all the DVD's, then you need a good graphics card. But if you face this problem with certain DVD's only, then my guess is that those DVD's are dual layer ones, which cannot be played smoothly with your current configuration. Also please check whether all the DVD's are dual layer ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom