Issues with modem 777VR1

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
If you can afford it,get another AC wifi router(like tplink archer c20) & use that along with this beetel modem by setting modem in bridge mode.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Why do you want another ADSL modem?You either get a VDSL modem like this:
*www.amazon.in/TP-Link-TD-W9977-300Mbps-Wireless-Router/dp/B01MU7YUX6
comments suggest it works with airtel after their engineer configures it as someone suggested that it doesn't work with airtel.

Or you simply buy a router & use it with your current beetel modem set in bridge mode(ask airtel cc for more details regarding this to confirm they can set it in bridge mode).

P.S.Only adsl modem that comes with a WAN port & priced below 5-6k is tplink w8968 model.

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Why do you want another ADSL modem?You either get a VDSL modem like this:
*www.amazon.in/TP-Link-TD-W9977-300Mbps-Wireless-Router/dp/B01MU7YUX6
comments suggest it works with airtel after their engineer configures it as someone suggested that it doesn't work with airtel.

Or you simply buy a router & use it with your current beetel modem set in bridge mode(ask airtel cc for more details regarding this to confirm they can set it in bridge mode).

P.S.Only adsl modem that comes with a WAN port & priced below 5-6k is tplink w8968 model.

I have the w8968 model only which I bought after you suggested the same. I checked with the ISP they will provide configuration only and only if we use modems/routers sold by them in case of this vfibre thing.

Normally, the input port will be blue in colour. Also, certain ADSL modems allow you to upgrade firmware and then use one of the output Yellow LAN ports and input WAN
I think mine has it, let me check the same.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have the w8968 model only which I bought after you suggested the same. I checked with the ISP they will provide configuration only and only if we use modems/routers sold by them in case of this vfibre thing.
Are you saying Airtel won't setup their vfibre vdsl beetel modem in bridge mode so that you can use your own router in combination with their vdsl modem?

I think mine has it, let me check the same.
Why do you even want to check when I already posted above that W8968 has wan port not that it matters to you anymore as it is not a vdsl modem?

Top Bottom