Is Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 worth considering?

saleenajohn

Right off the assembly line
Hi, I'm interested in buying Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 and having little confusion about it. Is it will be worth considering specially when you are spending 194$. Is there any default issue with it?

Nerevarine

Incarnate
I appreciate your opinion but the brand name like Mediatek or Snapdragon or Exynos doesn't really matter these days. The specifications do.
Well you are partially correct. But qualcomm has consistently released kernel sources, thereby promoting active development for their processors. You can extend the life of an android smartphone long beyond its EOL because of this, via custom roms. My redmi note 3 is still running.

I am not sure how mediatek is lately but from my previous experience, it was terrible. Buggy processors (remember that = issue with all mediatek phones), bad battery life, bad performance.

Remember, redmi note series always had Snapdragon processors to start with. The switch to mediatek was a cost saving/profit making move by Xiaomi, not necessarily because mediatek offered better performance than the competing midrange qualcomm. I am open to be corrected.

Tusharma

Broken In
I am open to be corrected.
If all the smartphone manufacturers looked to save their cost at the cost of their customers' trust, some brands would have been permanently shut by now. I have been following all these brands for a decade now and the fact that Mediatek recently became the top chipset manufacturer proves that people actually like it.
Those issues which you are talking about are an old thing and no more applicable. Snapdragon has all the quality, but people would appreciate it if it goes a bit cheaper.

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.
If all the smartphone manufacturers looked to save their cost at the cost of their customers' trust, some brands would have been permanently shut by now. I have been following all these brands for a decade now and the fact that Mediatek recently became the top chipset manufacturer proves that people actually like it.
Those issues which you are talking about are an old thing and no more applicable. Snapdragon has all the quality, but people would appreciate it if it goes a bit cheaper.

I don't like saying this again and again, mediatek has not become top quality manufacturer, it has become top producer, that most no. Of chips manufactured.

In india, majority of people buy 8k-15k range mobiles. And if you check that market, it is full of mtk. Very less sd options. Mtk provides cheap chips so these brands opt for it. Added the fact that custom roms are near to impossible, this helps the brand further as the end user will not be able to remove ads(like Xiaomi or realme)

Top sales doesn't make it a top brand. This is the same trick used by manufacturers. Ever wonder why every chinese brand is no. 1? Because they are usually sponsored survey.

they even sometimes cring out and become No.1 youth smartphone brand(realme) or “First brand with48 mp under 20k”(oppo) and sometimes they take it to the next level by saying “xiaomi’s first phone with blah blah useless feature”

so u must not take these surveys seriously, and go by facts along with people’s experience.

also one more thing, no matter which feature phone u pick, all mediatek chipset. Qcom doesnt manufacture them.

Top Bottom