Is this laptop good for normal usage?

powerstarprince

In the zone
Hey, need help to know whether this laptop will do the stuff my friend needs..
The Dell Online Store: Build Your System

It's the new model from dell inspiron 14r series, positives are great battery backup, slim and light, powerful graphics card ( it's written gt 730m ~ better than gt 640m, but i'm not sure it can be gt 730m LE too). negatives are ulv i3 processor lacks turbo boost might affect performance of new modern games.

He can spend max of 42k for whole of the laptop and will this be available within that amount in bangalore? Any dell buyers could help..
Btw usage of the laptop would be for internet,entertainment,movies,bit of softwares and programming,mild-moderate gaming only on few fun and popular games.

Gam3boy

Broken In
i3 is definitely not good for gaming but it can almost handle everything else with 4gb ram,its a good laptop he should buy this.In this budget if he prefer any other model than dell then he can get good laptop..:-o

OP
powerstarprince

powerstarprince

In the zone
Well yes, that i3 ulv proc isn't very capable for gaming looking at its clock speed per core. for games i think more than 2 ghz speed is reqd to run smooth.. But since most modern games bottleneck at the gpu first, a very capable graphic card is reqd to run most games at good fps. I think this is the best laptop around 40k having the fastest gpu compared to all.

OP
powerstarprince

powerstarprince

In the zone
In terms of proc benchmarks the i3 ulv stands in a better position compared to the amd a8 4500m even though this one has turbo boost to 2.7 ghz present in hp g6 laptops.
So gaming would definitely not be bad when g6 is considered to game well. Also the nvidia gpu wud be faster than the asymmetric crossfire enabled games.

Top Bottom