Is this config good for my Gaming Rig?

SagarMehta

Broken In
So I just got my hands on a PC that was for sale.

Here's the config:

This is an HP machine.

Processor: Intel Xeon Quad Core 2.8 Ghz
Graphics: NVidia Quadro FX 1800
RAM: 4GB

I'm gonna bump up the RAM to 8GB (or 16, if the motherboard allows - am not sure what make that is).

It was available as a deal for just 11k.

The games I will be playing: GTA IV and GTA V (when it comes out for the PC later this year).

I wonder if the machine would handle it? Most concerned about the graphic card - I know it's more suitable for 3D modeling etc, but would gaming on it be ok? Or should I dump the card and get a proper graphics card for gaming?

Sagar

There are many Xeons available. Specify the exact model. Gaming experience won't be very good. Frankly, you shouldn't have purchased that PC adn gone for a complete brad new system.

OP
S

SagarMehta

Broken In
There are many Xeons available. Specify the exact model. Gaming experience won't be very good. Frankly, you shouldn't have purchased that PC and gone for a complete brad new system.

Couldn't resist the price lol.

No worries though - I own a software company so we always have use for PCs haha.

Looks like I'll have to wait till I get my hands on it. I do hear that Xeons are powerful and have seen Youtube videos of good gaming performance. But maybe that's because of the graphics card?

Sagar

Couldn't resist the price lol.

No worries though - I own a software company so we always have use for PCs haha.

Looks like I'll have to wait till I get my hands on it. I do hear that Xeons are powerful and have seen Youtube videos of good gaming performance. But maybe that's because of the graphics card?

Sagar

Yeah, Xeons are good and very powerful. No problem there.

Chaitanya

Cyborg Agent
BTW AFAIK quadro 1800 is reall really old card & supports DX10. Seems like weak connection & if CPU is also that old I guess it's as good as a C2Q

- - - Updated - - -

Gaming might be a bit of chore on that PC.

Top Bottom