???is SOMEONE WATCHING????

Status
Not open for further replies.

iinfi

mekalodu
I a LAN card in my PC and I keep the ethernet cable connected to my PC.

Will it be possible for others to view data or download data from my PC when my PC is switched off??

i have this doubt boz the ethernet cable always caries a potential difference and is independent of the CPU power.
regards
arvind[/b]

pradeep_chauhan

Cyborg Agent
switch off ? there are various kinds od switch off one complet power disconnected ie ups off or mains socket switch off -> no one can do any thing. Next is power is on to the uspa and ups is on system is a atx type-> there is a possibility to restart your system via a lan card for that the wol connector should be connected and supported by the PC. In this case there is a chance of one seeing your data (hack your system)

cooljeba

The Photoshop Guy
:roll: when PC is off then how one can tranfer data :roll:
Please be more clear!
r u taling abt that wake on lan option or something similiar???
BTW kwelcome to the fourm

..:: peace ::..
Jeba

OP
iinfi

iinfi

mekalodu
By switching off the PC i meant shutting down the PC and switching the CPU power switch form the back of the CPU.
The ethernet cable will still carry a potential difference with which it could give power to the HDD and access it.
But i dunno if thats possible.
regards
arvind

amistik

Broken In
iinfi said:
By switching off the PC i meant shutting down the PC and switching the CPU power switch form the back of the CPU.
The ethernet cable will still carry a potential difference with which it could give power to the HDD and access it.
But i dunno if thats possible.
regards
arvind

Back of the CPU means?? are you switched off that black switch located in SMPS, just next to SMPS fan ? In that case its not possible to power on the
pc remotely! For WOL its requires a stand by +5V power to make the pc
on. But if you off that black switch then Stand-by power goes off. So its not
possible. But if you just shutdown the pc and windows / linux off the CPU power then its possible to power it again by sending magic packet through
LAN card.

dearnair

Right off the assembly line
Once, after shutting down of system, i don't find any way to get data from the shut downed system..

saROMan

QA Juggler
well after shutiin down the machine all the electricity which is req to carry out any operations.........like data transfer from HDD thru cable....is closed...so...after shuttin down no operation is possible....

OP
iinfi

iinfi

mekalodu
hi buddies
thanks for all your replies.... its helped me a lot ....
bye
hope to meet you again
regards
arvind

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom