is shifting to vista worth it?for gaming?

Should i switch to Vista or remain on XP

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
entrana

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer
hmm but i dont think i shud go cuz im buying 8800gts which supports only 10 and not 10.1, so i think there wont be a point but since 10.1 is software i think upgrades would be launced to support 10.1 lets just see

azzu

AJJU
ill wait up to march thats the perfect time to go for vista in my view ( coz my Xams will be over then :D )

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
I think I'd read somewhere on this forum itself that DirectX 10.1 will be incompatible or something with DirectX 10 cards. Please clear this point out with someone before investing in the card...

(I may be wrong, of course.)

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
entrana said:

Since you are buying a DirectX 10 graphics card, it is worth upgrading to Windows Vista. With the current drivers from nVidia for Vista, you will get same performance with your graphics card in all current games whether u run on Windows XP or Vista.

However, if u stick to Windows XP then that means no DirectX 10 gaming for you. Eventually you have to switch to Vista anyway to enjoy the full power & capability of GeForce 8800 series.

DirectX 10.1 is coming with Vista SP1 but it is only a software upgrade & nothing serious of a hardware upgrade. It will take game developer 2 more years to come with "Direct X 10.1 only" games so all your current games, & upcoming DirectX 10 games will continue to run at full potential with your GeForce 8800.

I say, upgrade to Windows Vista Home premium. R U using a pirated or genuine Windows XP? If it is genuine, you can upgrade at a very low price. The cost of Vista Home premium in delhi right now is Rs 7,000. Upgrade prices from Windows XP Pro is approx 3k (changes from shop to shop due to difference in stock)

I think I'd read somewhere on this forum itself that DirectX 10.1 will be incompatible or something with DirectX 10 cards.

Nope, you are wrong about a Windows technology like always.

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Don't bother about him. Just make sure that you are clear before you make your purchase. He is in the habit of trolling and spouting gibberish. Doesn't really affect anyone. :)

praka123

left this forum longback
gameaddict=directx* user=windows gaming shell----->Vista upgrade=necessary for others,there is Linux,Mac & other OS to spare.or i'd say much better.

Directx is M$ technology so naturally a gamer shud have to buy a vista unless dx10 is backported to XP.always must be dependent on Microsoft for ur gaming needs.
hopes opengl be the de facto standard(runs on all OS to generally say).

OP
entrana

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer
ya i notice that
anyways could anyone just answer directly , is it or is it not worth it

OP
entrana

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer
i know but everyone is confusing me ssome people say go and people say dont go
well which one is it
is there any way to add a poll to this now?

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
entrana said:
i know but everyone is confusing me ssome people say go and people say dont go
well which one is it
is there any way to add a poll to this now?

Since you are buying a GeForce 8800GT that means obviously ur not a casual gamer. Then why do u want to waste that gfx card on XP where u can't use DX 10. Like I said, switch to Vista. U won't experience any performance loss compared to XP but you will only gain more performance with regularly developing drivers for Vista

always must be dependent on Microsoft for ur gaming needs.
hopes opengl be the de facto standard(runs on all OS to generally say).

OpenGL already works fine on Vista. Its just that game developers prefer DirectX cos that doesn't need any developer side optimisation.

OP
entrana

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer
dude gx saurav i think ur the only guy who supports vista
i need more comments cuz if i change to vista its gonna be permanent so i have to be firm on deciding

guys cud anyone just tell me how to add polls to my threads

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom