Is macbook safe to buy from Snapdeal?

evilwit

Journeyman
Hello
I want to buy macbook air but i have few doubts in mind which i would like to clear before proceeding further.
1>I am getting macbook air 2015 for around 62k on Snapdeal and on Flipkart I am getting it for around 67k.But on Apple's site its clearly given that Flipkart is official online dealer for mac.But on other forums some people have told that its safe to buy from Snapdeal as the warranty is based on serial no.So i want to ask you that is it really safe to buy from Snapdeal? Will i able to avail warranty and opt for extended warranty after the standard warranty period is lapsed?I really want to save that extra bucks and also Snapdeal is also providing direct shipping to my place while if i get it from flipkart i have to get it delivered at my sister's city and then wait for her to come to my city and carry it .
2>the second thing i want to know is can i root a Android device from parallels or any other virtual machine running windowa on mac?i know that i can install sdk and all that but i just want to use windows but without dual booting it with mac.
3>I own a psp,a nokia 3110 and a other mp3 players which i think is in fat 32.So i want to ask that can i write on them without the limitation of 4gb using parallels or any other virtual machine runing windows on mac?

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Apple's warranty is from serial number, that I can assure you.

Where to buy from is your decision.

Personally, I have never had to contact's Flipkart's customer care ever since the day I started ordering from them (2011). Snapdeal, I don't even have an account.

Ricky

Cyborg Agent
I have purchased lots of items with more than 50K value from snapdeal, you can safely buy, all you need to do is that when its delivered to your or sister's place, check its serial number online, if you see you have warranty on it then good else you can ask them to return on the basis of "fake serial number" .

I had recently purchased a costly casio watch, though it was original , for some reason serial number was striked off, I complained, got a call from representative, explained him issue of warranty without serial number and he promptly accepted return.

And about rooting from MAC using VM.. shouldn't be issue was if parallel or any other see phone directly connected VM.

Top Bottom